Anyone else hate using regens, no matter how good they are?

I only ask because this year there seem to be a few gooduns certainly at the end of the second season. Some good young players who look like they will be brilliant after a season or two but could certainly do a job for you straight away.

BUT, with me I just hate using them because they are not real!! The most seasons I have ever done in FM is about 7 and I may have picked the odd one up but I have always preferred to play with real life players. Maybe it's something to do with those grinning plastic faces!!!

It's just a shame my own youngsters at West Ham like Collison, Tomkins and Sears have such awful ratings.

Anyone else refuse to use them?

I'm the opposite. Regens provide a good test of how efficient you are at finding promising new players that you haven't heard of. So when I get a regen that's brilliant, I'm more attached to him than a real player.

It also seems that regens don't have such high wage demands as well.

I actually prefer using the regens. I have pictures turned off as you get more player info in one place when they are turned off. I haven't started a proper career game yet, waiting on 9.3, so I have actually made it to the EPL in the third season and it's a very strange feeling playing against the likes of Lampard, Gerard, et all.

I dont like regen too much but what can I do? ;) I always prefer the "original" (real) players but I cant keep playing them until they are 50 :p

Even IRL I dont like the "new" generation of players tbh... When Gerrard, Lampard, Kaka and others retire, for me it just wont be the same :|

How about if real young players were given better stats? IE Your Under 18's and your Reserve players. I know you can't make every youngster a wonderkid but it would be good for the game surely if more real life younger players had better present and potential abilities.

How about if real young players were given better stats? IE Your Under 18's and your Reserve players. I know you can't make every youngster a wonderkid but it would be good for the game surely if more real life younger players had better present and potential abilities.

Unfortunately that would be more unrealistic than these players being replaced by new players.

FM prides itself on having the most realistic and up to date database around. If they started making more youngsters have high PA it would ruin their realistic database.

I only ask because this year there seem to be a few gooduns certainly at the end of the second season. Some good young players who look like they will be brilliant after a season or two but could certainly do a job for you straight away.

BUT, with me I just hate using them because they are not real!! The most seasons I have ever done in FM is about 7 and I may have picked the odd one up but I have always preferred to play with real life players. Maybe it's something to do with those grinning plastic faces!!!

It's just a shame my own youngsters at West Ham like Collison, Tomkins and Sears have such awful ratings.

Anyone else refuse to use them?

you're not alone mate, I don't know how to explain my detest for regens........ I go for long games but stil I try to make sure my squad is full of real players but the longer the game goes on the more regen-friendly I get

i love regens, i have some great youngsters such as wilshire and ramsay (who aren't that young any more) and am just selling them on for an average price as i want my team to be completely regen. am in 2015-2016 season.

their stats are so much better than normal players.

Regens are one of the most important parts of the game for me.

I agree. They make your file yours. No one will ever have *that* striker from american samoa, who was world player of the year. (Happened on 05, no screenie :( )

I am in my second season and I have 2 regens in my first team squad and have signed about 12 more. :D

I like using regens, so long as they are of an acceptable quality, although I do find the facegen things rather naff often. Every black player I see seems to have hair that looks like it has gone 10 rounds with a van der Graaf generator!

Mostly I like regens who come through my own youth system. If they could ever be any good that is by far my favourite aspect of the game, although an aspect spoiled by the fact that hardly any of them ever seem to be born in the town of my club! I want to put together a team of 11 lads born in Scunthorpe, but I'm lucky if I find 1!

Archived