I've finally got one of my strikers to score consistently!

I have just had Balotelli score 47 or 48 in one season from 48 games. Shame about Bojan though, he only got about 15 although he played about 40 games.

First time I have had a striker score over 40 in all comps.

Van Nistelrooy Champ Man 2001-2002: 70 odd in all comps :D

I know Mr. Stancu's rating is surprisingly poor, but the real surprise is that Romania haven't played him in the senior team by now!

I mean 61 from 46, and 40 in 29 league games, even in the Croatian league that deserves a call-up and in fact a regular starting place.

I have Bojan 30 from 30 and Guilherme 14 from 15 (signed mid season). If they're really good they'll score. I've had problems with average strikers.

well i consider robinho to be a pretty good striker, and berbatov isnt exactly average, and neither have done well, rooney and tevez wern't consistent either before i sold them

I have no problem with one of mys trikers scoring consistently, he got 28 in his first season. My problem is, nobody else in my team scores and the next highest scorer has 3!

Nomis, on FM08 one season i remember my strikers stopped scoring, but i won so many games 1-0 but all those 1-0 win's came from a corner kick which my centre half scored, i then read some where that there is a limit to many goals you will score and seen as my Cb scored them it woudl take goals away from my strikers..

I have 3 strikers, all newgens, that have been absolutely dominant for a couple seasons now. Two of them took 1st and 2nd for Euro PotY.

I train them to round the keeper 1v1, seems to work brilliantly.

I trained Benzema to place his shots into the corner of the net, and thats worked brilliantly for him:D

He's an amazing striker and realy young so 61 million aint too bad :) I payed 25 million for Roque Santa Cruz!

Although he's scored something like 10 goals in 18 games so not too shabby, robinho is totaly useless at the moment tho :(

i signed him for 39.5mil, hes got 8 in 20 this season, 17 in 34 in prem last season, and 14 in 35 in prem in 1st season, so not too great, his average rating has been above 7 for this season and last though

Benzema is out for a month with a strain he got chasing a ball in training:mad:

My best was Zlatan Ibrahimovic, think he got somewhere between 90-102 goals in 50 games, still only did the double. I tihnk i was man utd and cost me alot to sign him. Was on chap when it was done by SI.

Ewan Clarke is my top scorer for my Braintree squar, 9 goals in 12 games, and 4th in BSP hopefully will get out of this league on the 4th attempt.

• 2 months later...
You got one striker scoring regularly? You lucky beggar. Mine can't even score one on ones :(

Yeah, this was on FM08. I'm on FM09 now and unfortunately haven't had the same kind of success with my strikers so far. I think the most i've had my striker score in one season is around 25-30 goals........which still isn't too bad!

has anyone managed to get 2 strikers performing at the same time??

I have, admittedly though they are in my opinion the two most lethal out and out strikers ingame.

Straight forward 4-4-2 with Rooney pulling the strings from CM. Between them they put 11 past CSKA Sofia in two matches. How is this for a tall/small partnership?

t68o3k.jpg

thats a solid effort there, currently in my Real Madrid save, Vagner love has 17 in 22, Sneijder from cm has 15 in 34, Ronaldo has 14 and 12 assists from 32, Huntelaar 13 from 26, and Vela 11 from 26, so not too bad i guess

best strikers i've ever had was a certain guillherme or so and palermo in cm 00/01 as well as vieri and ronaldo in 01/02, with all managing around 65-75 goals. in fm versions, i had tevez for boro on either fm05 or 06, scoring 49... until a regen had 3 ridiculous seasons of consistently hitting in 60s with my atletico team, also had c ronaldo who had 3 consistent 40 goal seasons - highest was 67 with said regen a 'michael benes'. never been a one goalscoring force in fm09 though, with highest being in 30s... until this season with vagner love on 40 from 48(2) with 12 assists in 09/10 for spurs, followed by rodrigo palacio with 23 in 43(6) as well as an impressive 19 assists. my 3 wingers (modric, lennon, dos santos) all average about 10 goals and 7 assists with 35~ apps so i'm pleased overall with my offensive output.

my barcelona team on the other hand - messi's on 30 and 22 assists in 45(4) from AMR, ribery 10/11 in 32(2) AML, ben arfa 8/10 in 29(17) who's a back up for both wings - AND my forwards of bojan 25/19 in 42(9) and villa on 32/15 in 42(5) - :)

...iniesta's also scored 11 from 40, and eto'o 10 from 15(15)

Archived