Borrowing fm09

Can anyone answer me this please.

My brother has fm09 on his pc up and running etc and i have only just managed to get the demo working!!

The question is this can i "borrow" my brothers copy, if i use his activation key of course, could i run his copy of fm on my pc?

I did have another question but i forgot and i been trying few hours to get fm demo to work. Any help/advice would be very grateful.

I got my fm back! lol

Technically, you aren't supposed to do this, but quite frankly, they can't stop you lol.

In the EULA is stats one user per copy, although if you went halves on it, then technically you both have equal ownership and right to use it, but not simultaneously.

At the end of the day its a terrible system to try and make sure only one person can use it, last year it wasn't possible, but this year it is.

Can anyone answer me this please.

My brother has fm09 on his pc up and running etc and i have only just managed to get the demo working!!

The question is this can i "borrow" my brothers copy, if i use his activation key of course, could i run his copy of fm on my pc?

I did have another question but i forgot and i been trying few hours to get fm demo to work. Any help/advice would be very grateful.

I got my fm back! lol

Yes U could do this, Nothing stopping you really, I'm sure there are plenty of people doing this as it makes sense to save money.

Ok when the demo first came out was up all night trying to get it to work, but failed, spent ages afterwards trying in vain for it to work so thought i would leave it a while and come back as someone normally comes up with a solution.

They did!

So last night i downloaded fm09 demo again and found the patch for the demo, it loaded up, to my shock, therefore only need to know if my pc can handle the full game, im presuming it will but as i say dont wanna pay out and be left with a dud game I thought of doing this.

If it works i take my brothers game back to him next day then purchase my own copy, so its only like a compatability test.

When i "borrow" my brothers game all i need is his activation code to put on my pc, if it runs i take it all off in a flash and then go buy my own, and in doing that my own would work wouldnt it as all the games are linked to the activation code rather than to a pc. I think thats how it works.

Is it illegal to borrow a copy of the game from my brother? If i was to borrow it and copy it maybe it would be etc. If anyone can tell me if doing this will work or not would be appreciated

Legally, it's wrong. Morally, it's dodgy. Logically, does anyone REALLY expect a household to buy two copies of the same game rather than one just so richer-than-you companies can get every possible penny from the public? The EULA is flawed in the real world.

So I say, only buy two if you're rich or more well off than Sega. Are you more well off than Sega?

Legally, it's wrong. Morally, it's dodgy. Logically, does anyone REALLY expect a household to buy two copies of the same game rather than one just so richer-than-you companies can get every possible penny from the public? The EULA is flawed in the real world.

So I say, only buy two if you're rich or more well off than Sega. Are you more well off than Sega?

brilliant answer! :D

Ok when the demo first came out was up all night trying to get it to work, but failed, spent ages afterwards trying in vain for it to work so thought i would leave it a while and come back as someone normally comes up with a solution.

They did!

So last night i downloaded fm09 demo again and found the patch for the demo, it loaded up, to my shock, therefore only need to know if my pc can handle the full game, im presuming it will but as i say dont wanna pay out and be left with a dud game I thought of doing this.

If it works i take my brothers game back to him next day then purchase my own copy, so its only like a compatability test.

When i "borrow" my brothers game all i need is his activation code to put on my pc, if it runs i take it all off in a flash and then go buy my own, and in doing that my own would work wouldnt it as all the games are linked to the activation code rather than to a pc. I think thats how it works.

Is it illegal to borrow a copy of the game from my brother? If i was to borrow it and copy it maybe it would be etc. If anyone can tell me if doing this will work or not would be appreciated

Get your brother to install the game on your computer, then when you see that he has his game running on your computer get him to take it off while you pop down the shop and get your copy. Can't see how that is breaking the EULA :thup:

Archived