Scrapping reserves??

The start of the season bit, will that scrap the team or just have no fixtures for them to play?

My friend wants to know, he doesn't want players that are not in his long term plans 'clogging up' a reserve team page. He wants just an u 18's (if they make the grade, or are good prospects he will use loans until they are ready for first team action. If they don't make the grade, he will release).

Personally I use my reserves as a u 21's almost, aswell as a place for players returning from injuries to get fit.

IIRC, you will still have the team there, but they will have no games for the season and will most likely become very unfit and not too happy, AFAIK, there aint a great deal you can do, short of releasing all the reserves and pretending it's not there

Okay thats cool... Thanks very much

He intends to offload every player over 18 and not in his plans.

I supposed he'll just have to ignore it and use it as a place he can put players he is trying to offload maybe!

I still think using them as an u21's team is best!

Okay thats cool... Thanks very much

He intends to offload every player over 18 and not in his plans.

I supposed he'll just have to ignore it and use it as a place he can put players he is trying to offload maybe!

I still think using them as an u21's team is best!

No problem mate,

Although, personally I can't see the point in wanting to get rid of the reserves though, I find it quite a valuable resource for getting injured players fit again, giving youths a higher standard of matches than U18 games and just generally having a decent sized pool of backup players for the first team, if I were you, I would be doing my utmost to convince my mate he aint making a wise decision ;)

a reserve squad is a must have. i tend to mix the best of u-18's with the more experienced first team guys, especially ones going through a bad patch of form, just back from injury or simply guys who are on my bench and not likely to start. in the long run, it is very beneficial.

I tend not to have any real players in the reserves except players too old for the youth team that might actually make it, you just can't afford the players for it with the clubs I tend to play with until you reach the top, then it starts filling up a little.

I always have a few 19-21 year olds in the reserve team to see how they develop, plus a few older players who are no longer good enough for the 1st team, but are good options as back up and tutors. I will offload players on higher wages who are no where near the 1st team, but a few inexpensive back up players is a good idea.

Also useful for first team squad members that don't make the team unless there are injuries. Even bench players that don't play too often need some reserve games for match fitness, I regularly have all but my starting 11 available for the reserves.

For lower league management, I can see the advantage of having as small a squad as possible, but it's still useful for players who don't make the starting 11 very often, so they can stay fit.

I do think a resreve team is a valuable resource

For me used for 19-21 year olds, returning players from injuries, players not in form/short of confidence and players who are just not needed by I can't offload.

You could always create a 'B' side in the editor, make them a Blue Square North/South team and hey presto a reserve team that's also in the league like some Spanish teams. You can also move players freely between the two as well in case of injuries

Archived