CLC Final Held at Opponent's Stadium???

So I get to the Semi Final of the Conference League Cup and the game is held at a neutral ground (Wembley). No problems there...

I subsequently win the match and get drawn against Rushden. Then I find out that the final is going to be held at Rushden's ground and not Wembley???

I was trying to find out if this actually happens in real life for some ungodly reason, or if it's some kinda bug in the game?

I couldn't find much out on the CLC Wiki page...

Cheers :)

From the info i could find, last season the final between Aldershot and Rushden was played at Aldershots ground. So it looks like the final isn't played at Wembley but one of the final team's ground. Also looks like your semi-final should not have been at Wembley either, unless there is some bizarre change for this season.

From the info i could find, last season the final between Aldershot and Rushden was played at Aldershots ground. So it looks like the final isn't played at Wembley but one of the final team's ground.

Aye, just googled it and found the report from the final.

Setanta Shield results 2007/08

Aldershot Town beat Rushden & Diamonds on penalties to win the Setanta Shield after the sides had drawn 3-3.

Junior Mendes put the Shots ahead on 71 minutes, but Andy Burgess soon levelled to take the game to extra time.

Kirk Hudson restored Aldershot's lead before Burgess missed a penalty and Scott Donnelly made it 3-1 to Town.

However, Burgess was successful with a second spot-kick, and a late Michael Rankine strike ensured penalties - but the Shots won the shoot-out 5-4.

Andy Gooding and Chris Hope were the unlucky Diamonds players to miss their kicks as Aldershot triumphed in the Shield - formerly the Conference's League Cup, which was being staged for the first time since 2005.

The final was played at Aldershot's Recreation Ground home after a toss of a coin.

Aye, just googled it and found the report from the final.

Setanta Shield results 2007/08

Aldershot Town beat Rushden & Diamonds on penalties to win the Setanta Shield after the sides had drawn 3-3.

Junior Mendes put the Shots ahead on 71 minutes, but Andy Burgess soon levelled to take the game to extra time.

Kirk Hudson restored Aldershot's lead before Burgess missed a penalty and Scott Donnelly made it 3-1 to Town.

However, Burgess was successful with a second spot-kick, and a late Michael Rankine strike ensured penalties - but the Shots won the shoot-out 5-4.

Andy Gooding and Chris Hope were the unlucky Diamonds players to miss their kicks as Aldershot triumphed in the Shield - formerly the Conference's League Cup, which was being staged for the first time since 2005.

The final was played at Aldershot's Recreation Ground home after a toss of a coin.

I was there, and there was no strike about rankine's goal, he scored with his nose from 2 inches.

Archived