taking on a hated club

just starting a new game and looking at prem league and i relise iv never managed liverpool man u or spurs mainly due to im a gunner...now has any1 took over a club they hate and can you grow in to the team?

just want to know because dont wana start a game and sack it off after 3 months icon_smile.gif

just starting a new game and looking at prem league and i relise iv never managed liverpool man u or spurs mainly due to im a gunner...now has any1 took over a club they hate and can you grow in to the team?

just want to know because dont wana start a game and sack it off after 3 months icon_smile.gif

I'm a Liverpool fan, I would manage any team except for:

Man Utd, Everton, Chelsea.

Though i'd have no problem managing Arsenal, despite them listed as Liverpools rivals I have a soft spot for the gunners.

(Not that it'll matter one iota tomorrow night - I hope we hammer them)

I'm a United fan and I've never managed City, Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea and know that I never will.

Would like to have Leeds in there, but I did go them once on a game when they were challenging for the title, with the likes of Rio, Woodgate, Bowyer, Viduka, Smith etc. Their best side, think it was season before they went down. God I could never manage a team with Bowyer in now, let alone ever goin Leeds again.

i am a man utd fans and i would never manage man city, arsenal and Chelsea. i don't know about Liverpool.. maybe because i started to follow man utd in the 90's when Liverpool is not challenging man utd. so i don;t really mind managing liverpool. although i haven't do that before. i only manage tottenham because i like their white jersey.haha

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

I've only done it in the past to ruin them </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

same

Im a Man City fan and no way on this earth would i manager United, think id rather give up FM for life! or football than even consider managing them, i find it hard to even buy players that have any sort of link to them. I also hate Bolton with a passion too so couldnt manage them either!

i managed Liverpool in my Arsenal game (as a second manager), because they were relegated. I would never have done so otherwise, i have never (and will never) manage spurs, man utd, chelsea or west ham. i support arsenal.

saying that, barcelona have been my second team since 1994, yet i've managed real madrid in every version of FM, to the point where i hated barcelona. i don't know why, but i started liking Madrid more than barca irl until i stopped playing that FM07 save. i'm still a barca fan vs madrid, but now i'm more into sevilla as a second team due to my fm08 sevilla game.

Liverpool have just set new records for largest negative goal difference in a season and lowest points tally. New signing Titus Bramble has proved to be a failure as a centre-forward. I must be rubbish...

icon_biggrin.gif

As a Newcastle fan, I could never manage Sunderland. And despite them not being our rivals, I could never manage Man U either as I could never bring myself to help get success for a stadium full of glory hunting football tourists.

That said, I don't manage Newcastle all that often either, I prefer to start at the bottom and either get promoted or get better job offers. Much more fun.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rednwhites:

I support Forest.

NEVER have I managed D***y or L*******r.

Scum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even at gun point? icon_biggrin.gif

I hate Leeds United, but heck they hired me when I needed a job so...um... Go leeds! LOL! And yeah, to be honest, you grow to like them if you stay long enough.

To be honest, its the players I'd rather now have rather then joining a team. Players like friggin Di Canio, Bowyer, Ballack, or friggin Alan Smith. Gosh I hate them all! I'd shoot them to make the world a better place! icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by creature_from_ottawa:

I've managed spurs,to get them down to the BSS

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Without getting sacked? You sure? icon_confused.gif

What happens in FM has no bearing on the clubs in real life, so I wouldn't waste my time taking down any that I don't like.

To be honest, even if I could destroy a club, I wouldn't want to. No matter how much I might hate certain teams, seeing a club crash and burn gives me no pleasure.

Im a chelsea fan and no way could I manage Spurs, Leeds or Liverpool.

I even started a game unemployed recently, got the Stafford Rangers job, and after 2 years of mid table in the BSP, was offered the Leeds job, and I couldnt make myself take it

I've tried to manage the scum (United...Manchester, that is) on a couple of occasions and found it impossible. My hatred of them all led me to sell their best players on. I only kept Scholes and Giggs due to a grudging respect for them as players.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by creature_from_ottawa:

I've managed spurs,to get them down to the BSS

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Without getting sacked? You sure? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sent them to debt,sold off their players only for one season,Didnt want em to do so badly,but they became a non-league club too.I just wanted em to go to the championship.They sold players every year,but didnt buy any players

well i`m a Manchester United fan but i never go Arsenal or Liverpool.I

go Chelsea for the money and almost every gave i get the Barcelona job in 2011

Then when its about 2014 Manchester United are in the bottom half of the Premier League Feguson gets the sack and i applied and got the United job.

THEN I ESTABLISH THEM AS A TOP TEAM AGAIN

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by amplifierworship:

I support Wolves, and I've never managed West Brom because it seems to be a bit too easy to get into the Premier League. If I was offered the job due to Mowbary or whoever they had in charge leaving, then I'd take the job if I was interested. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Traitor! icon_razz.gif

I would support the baggies if i had no other option, but id never take them anywhere, and before i left i'd sell all their best players!

C'Mon You WOLVES ;p

As a Notts County fan, I'd never manage Derby (SHEEP,SHEEP,SHEEP S.H.A.G.G.E.R.S), Leicester or Mansfield (The Stags, lol stupid nickname). Don't mind Forest so much, I hope they go up, good to see Nottingham side doing well.

COME ON U PIES!!! icon_biggrin.gif Oldest League club, hopefully can still say that next season.

Archived