Should I purchase from Steam

It depends, on is a few days too long? And, cost.

£16.99 is the price for the game in some online shops, from a quick search in google, not sure on the Steam price, or how would install in on another machine if you go for the steam option, do you have to install Steam on both PC's/Laptops from the same steam account :/.

The majority of steam purchasers have had problems with it, in one way or the other, so I'd go with the actual boxed version.

The VOCAL majority. I've never had an issue with it. The people that have no worries tend to be quiet. The general populace that struggle to turn their computers on will be the ones crying and raging when it doesn't work first time or throws up an error that is easily solvable.

The VOCAL majority. I've never had an issue with it. The people that have no worries tend to be quiet. The general populace that struggle to turn their computers on will be the ones crying and raging when it doesn't work first time or throws up an error that is easily solvable.

Don't judge people when you don't know what they have not gone through what they have. Idiot.

I haven't had any problems with the steam version, except the authenticating bit in the beginning but everyone suffered from that one. Got it installed on both my desktop and my laptop without any issues as soon as the authenticating thing eased up.

I haven't had any problems with the steam version, except the authenticating bit in the beginning but everyone suffered from that one. Got it installed on both my desktop and my laptop without any issues as soon as the authenticating thing eased up.

Yep, I think thats the experience for most.

Miland - your choice, either is OK. I personally like to hold what I've bought

Hey guys,

I am going to buy this for my eldest and wondered what would be the best way to purchase. I could buy online but delivery could take a few days or I could download from Steam.

What would be the best option? Also, if I buy from Steam how do I install on another PC?

Thanks

Speaking as a luddite ;) I would always recommend buying a boxed copy with the disk, if only to keep physical media alive (the thought of having to download 10 games, all 4GB+, to recover from a disk drive failure breaks me out in a cold sweat!). This is ESPECIALLY true if you plan to run the game on more than 1 PC.

...yes there were issues, I suffered like others. That was then, now its resolved

You can still buy the box and update etc via steam

I used the Uniloc(?) process to authenticate the game, and after wrestling with the identical 0/O issue I had no problems. Although patching through steam would definitely have been an advantage.

Archived