serious question about the football manager series

been playing this game for longer than most, but just cant get into it any more as i find it too difficult, so im not enjoying it.

question is why is there no help for people like me?

these forums just slag you off & you get told " its your tacticts "

the si gurus arent much help either.

so question is where do we go to get help, tips etc?

cheers in advance.

well there you go smart answers!

i dont just mean tactics i mean the whole game . the manual is usefull but doesnt really help on the right things to say to players etc.

it just seems to me that the game reacts the opposite way when you say something or tell a player something.

and no matter how many hours ive spent trying ( trust me its plenty! )

i can never get it right.

It is more reflective of the real world situation, well no where near as really. Let's face it, IRL you can turn up to a press conference as a manager, say a player is doing well and from one word and selective quoting strung together it makes it look like a scathing attack on someone.

It would help if there was a difficulty option for people like yourself who don't wish to be as involved, but the short answer is that ultimately, there won't be anything thats reliable in the long-term. There is no truly great place to go for tactical tips or players etc, its all opinions and its potluck.

Team talks have been dodgy in some aspects for a while though.

one mans trash another mans gold

Thats the beauty of the game, you need to experiment and judge by your experiences

I always prefer to earn success through my own endeavours rather than find easy wins - it detracts from the feel good feeling you get when you eventually do.

I've never won the premiership and I've never won a world cup and I've never won the champions league. I've come close and still have that 'just one more game' feeling

Archived