manager profile- domestic player bias.

My Domestic player bias is at 9, but I've not completed a season yet...

My only English players are Shaun Wright-Phillips and Joe Hart...

Well, first team anyway.

I don't understand why it's lower...

The one I don't like is Club/Player Loyalty.

I'm loyal to City, but for some reason, it's at 9...

Everything else is 11 though. =)

Well, first team anyway.

You're only in your first season - why on earth would you expect your player/club loyalty to be higher than that? :D

You're only in your first season - why on earth would you expect your player/club loyalty to be higher than that? :D

Not higher - just not 9.

I would much prefer 10.

It's not as though I've been disloyal.

I haven't approached any other jobs, or praised managers/players...

I'm slightly confused.

I'm not expecting it to be at 11 or anything, but higher than 9... 10 would be fair. =D

Not higher - just not 9.

I would much prefer 10.

It's not as though I've been disloyal.

I haven't approached any other jobs, or praised managers/players...

I'm slightly confused.

I'm not expecting it to be at 11 or anything, but higher than 9... 10 would be fair. =D

I suppose, but its not like they matter anyway. Personally, I pay absolutely no attention to them.

Well, first team anyway.

Have you sold any players, or maybe not played certain 1st teamer's much? It is Club/PLAYER loyalty.

Personally I dont think it should be grouped together as you could argue a manager who puts the club over players would get rid of players not performing well while a manager loyal to his players would sacrifice his clubs position and continue with players who arent performing.

I wouldn't worry about this - its just a reflection of how you choose to buy players. Look at the number of foreign players in the premiership sides. most real life managers would also have this

Pressure on real life managers results in decision to buy foreign cheaper (in some cases) foreign imports as against the development of youth players in the club managed

Alan Ball got sacked at pompey for lack of success yet developed a great youth talent that Jim Smith took over and nearly won an FA Cup and premiership promotion

Fans / chairman / investors expect immediate success

You determine your buying policy, its just reflected as a stat. dont worry about it though it may bite you when to play the euro competitions where the Sepp Blatter rules impact what players you can register

I'm not entirely sure how to get your club/player loyalty stat up. presumably it would increase if you stayed at the same club for a while and rejected advances from other clubs. But on the player front the only thing I can think of is that when you slag off a former player I think it goes down, perhaps doing the converse would raise it?

Well, first team anyway.

I think domestic player bias is based purely on your signings and not who you play. Maybe you've bought alot of foreigners so far?

My domestic player rating is 1. I don't have any English players.

:D

Arsène is that you? :D

One I don't understand is my squad discipline, its only 11, I fine my players 2 weeks wages for any excuse I can get, errors in games etc etc. My domestic player bias is 1 as well, I've signed a large amount of young English talent, and a few good English players on frees, so I think it may be down to playing them, because there isn't one Englishman in my first 11 yet lol.

One I don't understand is my squad discipline, its only 11, I fine my players 2 weeks wages for any excuse I can get, errors in games etc etc. My domestic player bias is 1 as well, I've signed a large amount of young English talent, and a few good English players on frees, so I think it may be down to playing them, because there isn't one Englishman in my first 11 yet lol.

Maybe due to the answers you give in press conferences and team talks

I do wish the manager profiles were more logical or intuitive, and that they had some bearing on the game.

They are merely cosmetic but it's still irritating to have low scores when you know you're doing well.

Club/Player loyalty is mainly about loyalty to players, but even that is misleading. I'm very loyal to my core first team squad, but I buy in cheap kids and reserves and ship out ones that don't seem to progress after a year. That wrecks my loyalty score.

Again, you might have a good number of domestic players in your core squad but scour other countries for bargains who'll start in your reserves - rating shattered again.

The ratings were disappointing in previous versions and seem to have been mostly overlooked for FM09. Come on SI, put it on the list for FM10 - sensible, logical rationales for the ratings, and ones that affect your management style.

I have a major issues with Dom Player Bias. In 08 I had an entirely German first team squad, but for one Romanian, at FC Bayern, yet my DPB was 6 :confused:

The ratings were disappointing in previous versions and seem to have been mostly overlooked for FM09. Come on SI, put it on the list for FM10 - sensible, logical rationales for the ratings, and ones that affect your management style.

:thup:

I have a major issues with Dom Player Bias. In 08 I had an entirely German first team squad, but for one Romanian, at FC Bayern, yet my DPB was 6 :confused:

:thup:

I take it you had your nationality set as English?

I think that affects it. Therefore, Mr Wenger would have a high DPB attribute.

Archived