Enter CD, nothing happens

Got FM09 as a birthday present on 20th dec but when i entered the cd in my laptop or home desktop computer nothing happens at all. i took the game back to HMV but they were out of stock and ive just got my new copy today and surprise surprise same thing is happening. any ideas whats wrong?

Im becoming quite fed up with with this and soon ill have no other option other than to download the game at this rate

i will try this and see what happens! oh how i miss the days when you bought the latest champ man and it just worked care free!

think im just going to give up and torrent this. ive never known a game have so many problems. do the people who make it have grade C GCSEs in IT or something?

What do you mean you are going to 'torrent this'? Anyway I had this problem with FM 07 - I know it sounds rather simple but if you go to my computer and right click on DVD drive (which FM 09 should be there) select explore and then select installation application or something like that. This worked for me for 07 - I havent got a clue whether this will help you in 09 though.

yes i have a dvd drive. fm08 wrks perfectly fine on my computer but fm09 just nothing happens. by "torrent this" i meant just give up and download the game from a torrent website, which technically i can do guilt free as i have paid £27.99 for the game lol

yes i have a dvd drive. fm08 wrks perfectly fine on my computer but fm09 just nothing happens. by "torrent this" i meant just give up and download the game from a torrent website, which technically i can do guilt free as i have paid £27.99 for the game lol

Yes but that might still get you banned from here ;)

Archived