13 players on international duty & my Premiership game hasn't been called off!!

13 players in my first team squad have been called up to play in under 21 qualifying games and my game against wolves hasn't been called off!!

I have no option but to play the game with a 4-3-3 as I only have 3 midfielders 3 strikers, only one of which i ever regularly play!

So basically this must be a bug and needs adressing as this could ruin the good run im on!

playersonintduty1.jpg

It says only eleven players because two are travelling back:

playersonintduty.jpg

Harsh lol, it is at that time of the season fixtures are congested, which means that they're less likely to get called off, but by all rights this one should be called off. Stick it in the bugs forum.

Harsh lol, it is at that time of the season fixtures are congested, which means that they're less likely to get called off, but by all rights this one should be called off. Stick it in the bugs forum.

haha tell me about! the thing is there is plenty of places where this game could be re-scheduled to as for the next six or seven weeks I only have a game on saturdays and none mid-week!

yeah, v. unlikely.

Well done for getting Wimbledon to the Prem in that time though!

Are other teams playing games too?

thanks, am moving into my new ground at the end of next season so then I can attempt to take on the world! lol

and yeh everyone else is playing but no-one else has more than 1 under 21 player in their first team unlike me where more or less all of them are and they all play internationally!

Oh my word I plead with someone from SI to look into this! I have just played the game and managed to get a draw but to my amazament the same thing is happening with my next game three days later, everyone is still on international duty!!

Please sort this out!

With league games that's not as bad because you can play with youth squads and so forth, but with Champions league matches and such you gotta play with virtual greyed out players which I think is really dumb because they don't exist and it makes me lose interest in the match. I think that a postponement feature MUST be included instead of playing with grey players because the ones you have available were not registered for a certain tournament. I know that if it was up to me as a manager to decide and another team did not have their players available I would much rather postpone the match. For the finals of the Copa Libertadores I always miss half of my starting and it's just so frustrating and unrealistic to have to play an entire back up team or greyed out players for a continental final.

I dont think its a bug that the Premiership doesnt stop because of under 21 internationals however I do agree that there should be some facility to request a postponement of a game because you dotn have enough players, wasnt there a FA request button in CM 01/02?

It may have been. Anyway, it worked, so SI duly took it out.

I dont think its a bug that the Premiership doesnt stop because of under 21 internationals however I do agree that there should be some facility to request a postponement of a game because you dotn have enough players, wasnt there a FA request button in CM 01/02?

In previous FMs (FM 06) didnt matches get postponed automatically when you had a certain number of players on international duty? IIRC in FM06 I was managing Accrington in League Two and I had a match postponed because I had 5 or 6 players on international duty (Honduras and Benin).

In previous FMs (FM 06) didnt matches get postponed automatically when you had a certain number of players on international duty? IIRC in FM06 I was managing Accrington in League Two and I had a match postponed because I had 5 or 6 players on international duty (Honduras and Benin).

Didn't always work though. Particularly if a game was rearranged, no account was taken for international matches.

• 1 month later...

Nice to se im not the only person with this kind a problem.

Hope that they make a change in FM10 so that u can apply to postpone a match. cant be that hard to do.

Both on Int. matches and a thigth matchprogram.

That said, I'm sure a team in real life would be able to request a postponement.

In real life I doubt a premiership team would ever play with a first team primarily of Under-21s, though.

If you build a squad of under-21s and then have trouble because of internationals, that's a problem of your own doing, not a bug.

In real life I doubt a premiership team would ever play with a first team primarily of Under-21s, though.

If you build a squad of under-21s and then have trouble because of internationals, that's a problem of your own doing, not a bug.

I have to agree with Crpls. I guess this is the penalty you pay for using a scouting tool and finding all those young starlets!

I have to agree with Crpls. I guess this is the penalty you pay for using a scouting tool and finding all those young starlets!

Haha:D

Yeah.. exactly. when I first found out about the scouting tools (that show CA and PA from a save game) I just went nuts and signed every young guy with PA>170 or so, the cpu automatically added players from my reserves because I had 10+ players away on U19 and U21 international duty:D

However I do agree that there should be some facility to request a postponement of a game because you don't have enough players, wasnt there a FA request button in CM 01/02?

There WAS a 'request postponment' button in previous version of FM/Champ Man.

Couldn't tell you which one though.

Anyone have any idea WHY it was removed from later/ more recent versions of the game?

Surely it wouldn't be that difficult to write a few lines of code and put it back in for FM2010.

It would just be a case of the game checking how many players were 'unavailable' & why, when you request a postponement, shouldn't be too difficult.

It was CM01/02 which had 'request to postpone match'.

About as useful as appealing a red card TBH. But it was a nice feature.

I've never quite understood why the 'appeal' button is still there, along with the 'issue ultimatem' one. They are both pointless...

BUT with regards to a 'request postponment' request surely it wouldn't be that difficult to write a few lines of code and put it back in for FM2010. It would just be a case of the game checking how many players were 'unavailable' & why. Then deciding yes/no.

Games aren't called off for under 21 internationals, only full internationals.

That said, I'm sure a team in real life would be able to request a postponement.

yes thats the case, any game can have a request for reschedule or change what day of the weekend etc

I've never quite understood why the 'appeal' button is still there, along with the 'issue ultimatem' one. They are both pointless...

BUT with regards to a 'request postponment' request surely it wouldn't be that difficult to write a few lines of code and put it back in for FM2010. It would just be a case of the game checking how many players were 'unavailable' & why. Then deciding yes/no.

I actually had a red card overturned in CM01/02 many, many years ago. Oh, those were the days...:p

Issue ultimatum is something that might actually get you sacked if you did it one too many times. However, if you have a massive reputation in the game, it might be quite useful to get what you want.

I had the same issue, unfortunately I had 30 players on international duty 20 on senior international duty and 10 with the under 21's! I only had 2 players left to start the game with had to go into my under 18s and promote a whole squad. I played the game and lost 3-0 at home! The worst thing about it was that at the end of the season I lost the league by two points! I wasnt happy to say the least!

Maybe SI should implement something where league fixtures aren't generated on international weeks? Very rarely does the top flight play when international fixtures are taking place. Same can be said around continental competitions. In real life, teams plan their league schedule around the continental season.

In FM, the 'rearranged match because of CL fixture' news item is all too common. I've honestly never heard of a game being rescheduled because of CL fixtures. League FAs usually don't plan league fixtures when continental competitions are taking place. In real life, many teams can have a congested fixture list but, in FM, the congested fixtures list is more screwy than in real life. It seems as though it only generates league fixtures first, without taking into consideration other competitions. Then it'll generate fixtures for other competitions and suddenly you have to re-arrange matches because the game didn't plan ahead. FM rearranges too many matches when in reality a team might not ever have a rearranged match all season. Maybe SI should implement a system where fixtures are generated more accurately and take into consideration the international and continental season plus any other competition.

Still, I'm surprised there is no option to request a postponement, considering the guy had so many important players away on int. duty. Maybe that's another thing SI should bring back.

It applies to all leagues well enough. The Romanian league only has 34 games, with a huge 2.5 month winter break, and only about 1 game per week. Nonetheless, managing a relegation candidate, I had to go on the road against the league leaders at the same time as U21 internationals. My team was composed mostly of young guys, cause they're cheaper, and I quickly found out that both my 1st team keepers and 7 out of 8 defenders were on duty, as well as a few mids and forwards. Had to play some youth players of about conference north/south level, and had to witness a 7-1 walloping. You'd think that with so few games they would have moved it.

Archived