Mac - Game Freezing.

Hey, playing my football manager 2009 on a macbook.

Played 07 & 08 through this macbook and there has never been a problem, but as soon as i get into a season in 2009 after one or two months into the game it just freezes on a load and its really annoying because its stopping me playing the game.

Anyone have any ideas?

yep, same issues here. I've got a macbook 07 and 08 no problems, but 2/3 months into my 09 game it freezes, spinning wheel of death. I've updated to the new version 9.2 I think.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Yeah exactly the same, its really frustrating.

I have a MacBook, and have never had any issues. What specs do you guys have. Do you still have FM07 and 08 installed on your macs? Have you ran diagnostics to see if there are any issues with your mac anyway. It could be that, once you've diagnosed and fixed any issues there may be, that you are fine to play it. What OS are you running too?

yep, same issues here. I've got a macbook 07 and 08 no problems, but 2/3 months into my 09 game it freezes, spinning wheel of death. I've updated to the new version 9.2 I think.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I have a MacBook, and have never had any issues. What specs do you guys have. Do you still have FM07 and 08 installed on your macs? Have you ran diagnostics to see if there are any issues with your mac anyway. It could be that, once you've diagnosed and fixed any issues there may be, that you are fine to play it. What OS are you running too?

Model Name: MacBook

Model Identifier: MacBook2,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 667 MHz

How do i run a diagnostics test?

Open Finder > Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility.

Open that file. You'll have the option to select drives and what not. Select the drive that you're using (Usually the top option) - and click "Verify Disk" - It may take minutes, it may take hours (Usually about 5-8 minutes for me) - but it will list all errors with your mac, no matter how big or small. Once its done the diagnostic and has the list, click the "Repair Disk" button. This will fix all the errors. That may or may not have anything to do with FM's running capabilities, but it might work.

Your mac is pretty decent, too so I can't see why you've got issues. I suggest cleaning it out, deleting any files you don't use / need, perhaps an external hard drive to store movies and music to free up any space. And again, delete FM07 and 08 - perhaps store any files from them that you want to keep on an external HD. Completely remove FM09 from your computer, and then start again.

Archived