Extintion

It is not possible for a team to fall out of existence in the game. Instead, they will enter administrations and continually get docked points until either their debt is paid off in a takeover or they fall out of the playable leagues.

Even if they fall out of the leagues, they could return and they will still be visible, but they will become non-league.

they should put a new feature in the game that if a club goes into administration or there are 2 clubs close to each other (geographically) then they can merge

Sorry but I don't agree with his idea. How often do 2 clubs close to each other go into administration at the same time? That's the only way it would work really, but it just doesn't happen enough in real life to be included in the game IMO.

I don't think it's possible either. I don't think FM would have the legal rights for this because a club may complain (or even sue) if they went out of business. I'm not 100% sure though.

that how i kinda saw it, i'd just like to see the odd team disappear, ah well

it won't be possible in game because it rarely ever happens in real life.

Yes and No. From recent history I can name a number of clubs that have folded, but most reform in the lower leagues under a different name- FC Halifax, Scarborough Athletic, Gretna 2008, Enfield (the new one), etc.

Some clubs have merged- Hayes and Yeading, Solihull Moors are examples of merged entities.

It would be nice if something like this happened in FM- I find it difficult to believe that every single club that exists currently would exist in its current form in ten or twenty years.

I don't think it's possible either. I don't think FM would have the legal rights for this because a club may complain (or even sue) if they went out of business. I'm not 100% sure though.

If it was randomised, then the clubs would have no way of knowing. :)

they should put a new feature in the game that if a club goes into administration or there are 2 clubs close to each other (geographically) then they can merge

As we enter the beginnings of a deep recession; and, as many clubs, especially the biggest ones, have unsustainable debt should media media money dry up; then bankruptcy will likely become much more common. It should be in the game because there is a very real chance pf it happening IRL.

If it was randomised, then the clubs would have no way of knowing. :)

It's not as simple as randominsiing it, it should be, but it isn't. The current financial system means that a lot of teams start the game with massive loans and they are more likely to go into administration over time, unfortunately that means that we can have a rough idea of who may and who may not enter administration.

Archived