Help! I've got an FM block! (not a moaning thread)

I've played various incarnations of CM and FM for roughly 9 years now, but I'm suffering from a block in which I can't seem to play the game, even though I want to. I don't mean that I can't put the disc in my computer or anything like that, it's just the fact that I think I need a new, fun challenge, and some tips to make me a better player. I have a problem thinking about training and even tactics because I can't seem to improve players throughtraining no matter what I try to do.

I'd really appreciate it if people could suggest some things for me:

Version - Football Manager 2008, 8.0.2.

Team with well-known players or unknowns, which would suit me better? And suggested teams please (I usually run up to 30 leagues from 7 or 8 countries).

Any routines to go through in game (like, for example changing training every few weeks/months)?

I play the games with just key highlights, would putting more time in let me see significant improvements?

How best to effectively use the scouts based on the team I end up with?

If anyone has any ideas I would be extremely grateful.

Play Arsenal and set your scouts to look for players around the world that are under 21. Then slower put them in your team when you need to replace older players untill you have a new squad. It's a bit like Wenger would do and it worked for me as I won 5 trophies in one season and really enjoyed seeing the younger players coming though the ranks and making my team one of the best in the world.

Thanks for the first suggestion mate any training ideas? Just general tips as it' always been the worst part of my game and probably why I don't enjoy the game as much as I used to. If I can't improve players then there's no point signing youngsters, and the veterans decline too much ha ha.

Archived