Favourite FM/CM and why

I decided to make this thread because everyone has their view on whats been good additions and not so good additions to FM09. A fair few people have said about how harder it has become and others have hailed previous versions such as 08 as the last great football managers.

Basically I want to know what your favourite FM/CM was and what you liked about it and what you don't like about 09 (if there is something you dont like;))

I myself have been playing manager games as long as i can remember and my favourite version was Champ Man 01/02 because it was enjoyable and basic and not as time consuming and stressful unlike more recent versions of FM:thup:

FM 2005 First game of the series that I actually bought, and played and enjoyed however I never knew what I was doing. Which what got me into the FM series.

Favourite FM and why; well FM 2009 of course, I like the new additions. I like the 3d match engine, I especially like the press conferences. Especially when they quote media comments that you chose/selected, plus being able to add further comments, is a nice little touch.

Of the FM/CMs I've played, in order:

FM 2007 - Pretty much bug free, long-term games, doesn't get boring, wide scope.

FM 2006 - Like 2007 but missing one or two things.

CM 93/94 - Pick up and play, speed, a completely different challenge to nowadays.

CM 01/02 - Solid game though can get boring too easily, international management a bit shallow.

CM 99/00 - Like 01/02 just without normal/attacking/defending mentality, which takes a lot away, BUT it's the season after Man Utd's Treble so cool as a Utd fan.

Watching paint dry - Put your hand on and see if it's wet. If it is, you lose.

Incest - Something the whole family can enjoy

CM 2007 - Didn't know what I was doing or how to do it, ProZone shoves too much info down your throat, watching a match is kinda confusing.

Top 5:

1. FM2009 (3d match engine, very challenging, media interaction)

2. FM2007 (just a lot of fun, cant explain why really)

3. FM2005 (new format of FM games, super fun to play)

4. cm03/04 (fun winning with 1 super tactic)

5. FM2008 (frustrating to find consistency)

1.fm2009 (love the 3d match engine even with its flaws)

2.fm2007 (it is a cracking all rounder and as someone pointed out earlier, not many bugs, especially critical ones, not that i encountered anyway)

3.cm 01/02 (just a absolutely fun game to play, and i loved the way the training was laid out, wish SI games could give you a option of detailed training like the way it is now or the simple classic cm 01/02 training)

4.CM 03/04 (loved running riot with celtic in the league with guys like de la cuesta, brathen, oskarsson and tom huddlestone lol) :)

5. FM 2006 (the game that got me properly interested in messing about with game graphics)

FM7.2 hands down, absolutely no argument. Still playing it now. A few match engine annoyances, but what can you do?

All FM8 had to do, along with its new features, was to iron out the few ME irritations in FM7.2 (goalkeeper distribution didn’t work for the human player etc), but no, totally messed it up in the most spectacular way. 8.2’s ME had bugs and annoyances that rendered is complete waste of time and effort and not even an attempt was made at a third patch.

FM9, like 8.2, a total waste of time and money.

The third patch will have to be genius.

Archived