Suggestion: 2D Classic

Do you agree with my suggestions?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with my suggestions?

• I would like to see option 1 put in place.
    • I would like to see option 2 put in place.
    • I like it as it is.

This years 2D Classic (in classic view) is so much different from last years version; the pitch looks squashed and square nothing like the one that we all loved in FM08.

Now I understand the timebar is a useful addition and is commonly used but, in my opinion, this is the reason for the 2D being how it is. Here are my two suggestions to make it better, without losing the timebar:

1. Giving an option in the preferences whereby you can select whether to have the time-bar on your matchday screen, leaving those who do not use it so often not having to be punished by a smaller 2D screen.

2. Using it like a widget; where you can minimise and maximise it during the actual game, so it is there when you need it, but you can still enjoy the much larger, more attractive 2D pitch.

I understand that is unlikely for options like these to be introduced in patches but maybe for FM2010.

I agree.

But, tbh, the Timebar is useless.

It shows cards and goals... big deal.

What else? Apart from this, it shows how close I am to HT and FT.

Unless you are a delinquent, you will be capable of understanding that 40 mins gone means you are close to HT.

Because of the appalling 2D, I just sit with 3D, to be perfectly fair...

I was disgusted to see how shrunken it was.

I agree with the OP. The timebar, for me, is pointless. I have never once looked at it or used it, and it does nothing but make the 2D Classic pitch smaller.

I agree. You don't need it to know the score or how of the game is played as you can see that elsewhere.

The yellow and red cards you can also see elsewhere by just one click and there you can see who got them too.

Hopefully Sports Interactive can look at this thread and use one of my suggestions so that we can enjoy our matchday experience once more. I wish I could add a poll to this thread to get the real feeling of the members.

Suzie: :( I'm Peter, not an op :D

edit: Poll added :p

I'm ill Nomis, I'm not meant to be on the laptop but I come on to see if there was a way to block phone calls (Stupid Virgin Media) off a specific number and then I found myself here :(. Having the SI Forums automatically come up when I open my browser doesn't help.

I watch 2D classic on TV mode, which i think is alright. TBH i don't see a difference from 08, if anything it's better as the pitch is bigger so it looks like the dots have more space.

i think the timebar is useless though, as i watch the games so i don't need replays, and you can watch goals after a match without the timebar

I watch 2D classic on TV mode, which i think is alright. TBH i don't see a difference from 08, if anything it's better as the pitch is bigger so it looks like the dots have more space.

i think the timebar is useless though, as i watch the games so i don't need replays, and you can watch goals after a match without the timebar

My only issue with the TV View is that I can not switch between this and the stats through the game and at times when there are no highlights, the pitch is just blank.

Archived