An avid and slightly depressed fan....

Ive played the game for at least ten years now and although am currently using the best computer of my life (a Macbook) I'm so upset at how slow the game runs, not even that its that slow. I've been trying to figure out the reason why i'm not addicted to this game at all even though I've had a few great games including Champions League winners with PSG and world cup winner with Denmark. I think the interface is brilliant and additional small features are definately a great help but the smoothness of day to day management isnt the same. Basically im miffed because my laptop runs fast and perfectly for everything and despite how much memory and detail has been in every CM and FM it has always been simple to run. Please dont let it get out of hand next time guys!

Well if he's using a Macbook then there are still different specs possible...

The main issue is how many leagues and what database he is running, since I've actually been really impressed by the speed of FM09 and certainly don't have a 'monster' by today's standards. It should run it just fine...

I've got a Macbook. I run a large db and usually run at least 15 leagues from 10+ countries and the game runs better than any I've ever had. Loading time is also very quick. Can't run 3d though.

Model Name: MacBook

Model Identifier: MacBook2,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB

Memory: 1 GB

Bus Speed: 667 MHz

Boot ROM Version: MB21.00A5.B07

SMC Version: 1.17f0

Serial Number: W8730A48YA4

Sudden Motion Sensor:

State: Enabled

I have a macbook too.

The game is very ram intensive. I have 2gb on a macbook 2.1. ghz core2duo. I would suggest upgrading you ram to max it out. Should run ok then. Oh and also, try not to run as many leagues/countries loaded. I run about 4 leagues with a further 3 or 4 loaded.

Archived