Didn't seem to be listening??

After a while, because of the limited team talk options (that are actually beneficial) your players just stop listening lol. Its hard to get the ones you use frequently to have any sort of effect on your players in your asst managers feedback.

After a while, because of the limited team talk options (that are actually beneficial) your players just stop listening lol. Its hard to get the ones you use frequently to have any sort of effect on your players in your asst managers feedback.

but i have just started a save?

does it have any effect on the players?

I do find this frustrating as there is no-way that any of the Man Utd (for example) players would sit there not listening when Fergie gives his Full-time talk. At the very least SI should change the wording to something along the lines of 'no particular reaction noted'. I do also think that team talks should be much more influencial but only if the manager buids up the effect over a couple or more games! This way one bad team talk wouldn't kill morale and it also wouldn't give an instant morale boost. SI also needs to add more options and how come all the current options aren't available in every talk?

I think a different option for your team captain should be there. Something like "get the players more motivated in attack/midfield/defence/keeper" or "talk to (player) if they are having a bad game" as you can only chat with players before the first half and at half time. Also why not have the captain say something to any subs brought on during the game?

good idea?

This was something which really got on my nerves in previous games. Manager of Manchester Utd, won umpteen titles and they're still not listening to me in the dressing room.

It happens at half time too though, its really hit or miss if your talks have any effect whatsoever.

This whole topic was widely discussed when it was first implemented, I think in FM06. It hasn't changed since, except for one little tweak for FM08 (I think) when they added "warn against complacency" and a couple of the other odd ones. Oh, and I think FM09 has tweaked Sympathise a bit. I get a "confused" response now somethimes where they used to be fine with it.

Basically, players will start "not listening" when they've heard the same team-talk too many times in a row. It is not the same as "nothing noted", which is the neutral effect. A player who doesn't listen is more likely to be complacent in the next match (or half). You can avoid "not listening" by changing up your team talks, which is admittedly difficult given the limited range of options.

Seriously, how does one, in the middle of a run of good form, change up his talks without upsetting everyone? "Good Result" and "Fantastic" only go so far. It's like a programmed way to knock your team off it's form... "None" is considered a negative team talk...you're so disgusted with them, you just walk out of the room. Though I will say that "none" seems (to me) to be the expected one-to-one talk if the player haven't played long enough to get a rating in FM09. If you use "None" after a good game, you'll anger some people. "Why can't you play like this every week?" has one use and one use only. Used after a win which breaks a string of losses, "why can't you play..." will go a long way to permanantly snapping your slump. Any other time, it'll help put you in one.

Archived