penalty shoot out keepers

Ok i have uploaded a save here with a prime example of a wtf moment!

I was playing as newcastle and AI was Everton, during the penalty shootout Tim howard (everton) was like a cat, my keeper stood still during every single penalty against him and even failed to save penalties that were shot right through him, if this is not a bug then i am jesus.

http://rapidshare.com/files/187056548/keeper_wtf.pkm

Hi Jesus :D If it's happening all the time, then yeah it is a bug, but i've seen my keeper save penalties in the past so IMO your keeper has probably just had a bad game.

no its not just a bad game, every penalty in the shoot out he just stood still, there was even one that went right through him. It was almost as though he wasn't even there.

Compare that to the opposition keeper who actually dived every time, and always the right way i might add...

Penalties are a definate area of concern with the 3D match engine no doubt about that. If I get into penalty shoot-outs it normally goes on for ages (7-6, 8-7, etc) as the goalkeeprs in my experience are terrible at saving a penalty. Hopefully will be an area that they tweak soon.

I don't know CaptainPlanet I've only played the game via 3D so thats the only way I've noticed the issue. I assume the match engine is the same but didn't know whether in 2D the obvious problem with the goalkeepers was as evident as in 3D.

Hi Jesus :D If it's happening all the time, then yeah it is a bug, but i've seen my keeper save penalties in the past so IMO your keeper has probably just had a bad game.
Ok i have uploaded a save here with a prime example of a wtf moment!

I was playing as newcastle and AI was Everton, during the penalty shootout Tim howard (everton) was like a cat, my keeper stood still during every single penalty against him and even failed to save penalties that were shot right through him, if this is not a bug then i am jesus.

http://rapidshare.com/files/187056548/keeper_wtf.pkm

bump for SI

Archived