Selling FM09 on ebay

I really hope i don't get in trouble for posting this. Its simply an honest question.

I bought FM09 but just haven't been able to get into it like i hoped. I therefore re-bought FM07 for a few quid off ebay and am absolutly loving it again. (imo the best FM ever).

I am therefore thinking about putting fm09 up for sale on ebay. Can someone (possibly someone who has done the same) explain how to do this - in terms of the steam validation code. Do i just need to enclose the code when i send the game off to whoever buys it?

I really hope i don't get in trouble for posting this. Its simply an honest question.

I bought FM09 but just haven't been able to get into it like i hoped. I therefore re-bought FM07 for a few quid off ebay and am absolutly loving it again. (imo the best FM ever).

I am therefore thinking about putting fm09 up for sale on ebay. Can someone (possibly someone who has done the same) explain how to do this - in terms of the steam validation code. Do i just need to enclose the code when i send the game off to whoever buys it?

I would have thought that as long as you fully uninstall the game beforehand and then ensure you include the keycode then it would work.

However i think re-selling might be frowned on as part of the EULA so i wouldnt be suprised if this thread was closed.

Apologies, if this is type of thread is frowned upon here. Thanks GoF - I'll probably take your advice as that seems the sensible answer!

No problem. I think going back to the dawn of time game companies have looked down on re-selling as they dont get anything from it!!

It is becoming increasing hard to sell on PC games, especially with the increase in digital distribution such as Steam.

To be honest i dont tend to sell games, i just hoard them, last week i found a copy of the original world championship snooker, had a great couple of hours with that!

yeah, agree with you, but SI must realise that re-selling their product on e-bay goes on. Its a fact of life and theres nothing they can do about it! I'll have a look on ebay to see if fm09 is selling when people list it as up for sale.

If its any consolation to them, im sure im gunna sell it for a lot less than i bought it for!

SI have this official advice for 2nd hand games which may be of interest to you:

How will this affect second-hand games?

This will not affect second-hand games, you can go to the deactivation URL and remove all previous activations, the game will then be as if you had purchased new. The retail outlets are aware of the protection being used and are comfortable with it, there will be no blacklisting etc.

Archived