At the start of a new game are players supposed to be transfer listed?

Can't confirm it officially, but it happened on all my saves on the FM series.

Think it is like real life. This year at Feyenoord (Dutch league) Biseswar was told that he could leave (transfer listed), he was not happy at all. Then the new coach/manager came in, Verbeek (he is gone now) and biseswar played so well that he got offered a new and improved contract, he didn't have to leave any more.

Maybe some are transfer listed because they are not willing to sign a new contract and can walk away for free within 12 months.

Can think of many examples of the Dutch league, guess that it will be the same for every other club.

Can't confirm it officially, but it happened on all my saves on the FM series.

Think it is like real life. This year at Feyenoord (Dutch league) Biseswar was told that he could leave (transfer listed), he was not happy at all. Then the new coach/manager came in, Verbeek (he is gone now) and biseswar played so well that he got offered a new and improved contract, he didn't have to leave any more.

Maybe some are transfer listed because they are not willing to sign a new contract and can walk away for free within 12 months.

Can think of many examples of the Dutch league, guess that it will be the same for every other club.

Yeah ok but the guy thats transfer listed in mine says he wants to prove a point and prove his worth

Yeah ok but the guy thats transfer listed in mine says he wants to prove a point and prove his worth

Doesn't all players want to prove a point, normally, when a player is transfer listed he will not be moving to a bigger (reputation) club (most likely he will be moving down, either in the same league but to teams lower in the standing of even to a team in a lower league), so they always want to fight for there spot in the team.

Well then change the transfer setting and give him a chance, if he is doing OK, offer him a new contract if not, put him back on the transfer list.

I don't see the problem. In my game (also Dutch league), a lot of players were transfer listed. Even some players who were signed one day before i took charge at the club. They were very unhappy at being bought under false pretences. I removed their listing status and they were immediately happy again. So just remove the players you want to keep from the list and you will have no problems with them.

in that case he should be ok if you play him and take him off the transfer list, its just AI before you take over listing him

Archived