Dribbling down the flanks

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this before (I did a brief search and found nothing), but does anyone else think it's too easy for players to dribble down the flanks? Seemingly any player can dribble the ball across the entire the pitch and cross the ball - and it happens over and over again. I don't believe it's this easy in real-life - players actually attempt to defend this. Players in this game seemingly would rather keep the player company by shadowing them down the line, instead of actually attempting to get the ball.

I think SI are aware its an issue when watching the game in 3D. Plus all your defenders run backwards half the time and don't seem to have mastered that by running forwards its quicker!!! Guess its just one of them 'tweaks' that hopefully over time the 3D match engine will get.

I couldn't get my wingers to work at all in FM08 so this would be a pleasant change, although not if it only happens for my opponents! Mind you, my FM08 wingers could dribble, they just always dwelled on the ball too long afterwards and almost never beat the first man with a cross at the end of it all.

I couldn't get my wingers to work at all in FM08 so this would be a pleasant change, although not if it only happens for my opponents! Mind you, my FM08 wingers could dribble, they just always dwelled on the ball too long afterwards and almost never beat the first man with a cross at the end of it all.

Yea, sounds like anyone can dribble down the flank and cross the ball unstoppable.

Im using "run with ball often" on my DR and DL , and they provide 50% of my chances to score, so they always end the game with rating 7+ and of course, I use to sell them after every season for big money then I replace them and start again.

Dribble stat has nothing to do with it, but pace and aceleration do.

I always pick a fast full-back with decent tackling and voila!

Archived