[FEATURE REQUEST] Extra Training

Now personally I believe this is something that has to be implemented. The very fact that it exists in the real world is one thing, the other is that it can't be too difficult to implement.

For example, I have wingers and midfielders on a schedule that is generic to wingers and midfielders. Not all of my wingers are skilled in corners or free-kicks. But some are, so rather than developing a schedule with some emphasis on corners or free-kicks, I would rather have an option to put them on Extra Training where they take part in some Free Kick practice after the regular training has been completed.

David Beckham used to always do this after training, and I believe Ronaldinho did too.

Also, the Extra Training feature could be used to punish the side who have let the club down during a game.

The rehabilitation of players could also benefit from something like this too, although the need isn't as great as it is for the reasons I highlighted earlier.

Opinions?

Usually extra training is the choice of the player and not of the manager so you cant really implement that into the game, you could maybe suggest that the player do some extra training but you wont be able to make them do extra training. This would just end up getting the player upset and make you one very unpopular manager.

as Grimoz said this is usually the choice of a player. Also, i would consider PPM's to be this in a way, you request them to work on something in-particular and they do, taking up 10% of their workload. Maybe what you should be asking for is a revision of the PPMs to include things like work on free kicks or sometihng

I think attributes like professionalism have been shown to have an effect on how quickly players re-distribute attribute points through training, so you could argue that certain players naturally train harder than others in FM.

In general, I hope that the training module is one that's being looked at for FM10, because it's still an area that could do with a bit of work. There are certainly players whose crossing or maybe free-kicks I'd like to develop, but I don't really want them spending time on their long-throws as a result. Similarly, while it'd be nice to develop the composure of some of my defenders, I don't want them wasting their time on their 'finishing' and 'off the ball' as part of the deal.

as Grimoz said this is usually the choice of a player. Also, i would consider PPM's to be this in a way, you request them to work on something in-particular and they do, taking up 10% of their workload. Maybe what you should be asking for is a revision of the PPMs to include things like work on free kicks or sometihng

PPM?

Is there a thread with all these acronyms?

Actually, this is a very good idea, since PPM's are a real mess, with lots of stupid options like stop being so accurate at finishing. Who'd want that in a player?

I have once requested this in future features thread.

There should be some extra options (one or two) that players could add to it's normal training, since it is done in real life. many players train harder things like crossing, ste pieces or even physical training.

I guess this options should be limited to some training areas, like Shooting, set pieces, Physical, dribbling, long pass. Basicly, technical options as well as a generall physical one.

Actually, this is a very good idea, since PPM's are a real mess, with lots of stupid options like stop being so accurate at finishing. Who'd want that in a player?

That's to remove the PPM "tries to place shots"

Not all players are good at trying to place shots, so it may be appropriate to try and remove it.

Maybe the wording could be better, but it makes sense.

You could just have another training schedule (which has extra workload for set pieces) where the players who you want to improve Free-Kick, Corners can be assigned to.

I kind of mentioned that in the first post, but felt it was not realistic enough.

when it comes to cup matches where i think i may go to penalties i tend to put my players on a seperate training schedule "set piece" for 4 days before match.

And do their penalty-taking attributes actually go up in those four days? I can't imagine they do.

when it comes to cup matches where i think i may go to penalties i tend to put my players on a seperate training schedule "set piece" for 4 days before match.

One of the problems with FM training is that it only seems to raise attributes. IRL a team will practice penalties before an important cup match and this will temporarily improve their penalty taking.

With Strength training there are two purposes: 1 - to improve physical attributes. 2 - to increase match fitness. In other words a permanent effect and a temporary effect. Unfortunately technical training doesn't seem to work this way.

Archived