Cup Matches??

Hey i just have a question regarding top clubs and the Carling Cup...

As you may know Premiership clubs well few off them play there weaker sides in the cup and i just woundered is there any way possible you can do this for FM09..

Hey i just have a question regarding top clubs and the Carling Cup...

As you may know Premiership clubs well few off them play there weaker sides in the cup and i just woundered is there any way possible you can do this for FM09..

Just promote your reserves to the senior squad for the match and play them. Quite simple really.

Sorry i didnt word that correctly i ment is there a way that you can make higher teams play a weak side like they do in real life.. say your playing against Man Utd or Arsenal in the Carling and Fergie or Wenger would rest there bigger stars for the league against you..

Dont know how too exsplain it.

The player list is usually decided depending on match fitness/fatigue level.. I've played Arsenal's first team in 3rd round of league cup and checked that their previous and next fixtures were 1 week before and after that game. So I'm just unlucky I guess :(

It does happen to certain extent in the game, but possibly not as much as in real life.

I agree with this, I would also say that the big teams often play stronger teams in the FA Cup too, more important.

I generally play the strongest team possible for every match to try and avoid upsets, then get angry with myself when my star player gets injured :D

can't say i've ever been lucky enough to get them when they've been rotating, obviously i'd like it to be looked at but then you could say is it only an Arsene Wenger thing, in which case it would be applied to him, as opposed to Arsenal playing youngsters in the lge cup no matter who the manager is

Archived