Attacking midfielder just behind the striker

Known bug, I think. At leasts that's what's been said alot lately. Unless a AMC score or get assists he'll play badly no matter what he actually does on the pitch. Seems to be the case in both 9.1 and 9.2 for me.

Only "sollution" (if you can call it that) I've found is to either "play through middle" (team-instruction) to get him more into play and in that way mabye get more assists/goals. Or just dont play with AMCs.

Known bug, I think. At leasts that's what's been said alot lately. Unless a AMC score or get assists he'll play badly no matter what he actually does on the pitch. Seems to be the case in both 9.1 and 9.2 for me.

Only "sollution" (if you can call it that) I've found is to either "play through middle" (team-instruction) to get him more into play and in that way mabye get more assists/goals. Or just dont play with AMCs.

Yes, i till i play through the middle and see how i get on.

Its just a rating bug, dosent mean they are playing badly - but they will lose confidence if they get a lot of low ratings obviously.

I play 4-2-3-1 and train all my AM's and wingers to be AMRLC then get them all to swap position so no-one gets stuck with the low AMC rating.

I've played 4-2-3-1 with an AMC and regularly get ratings of 6.5+

He is set as a free role Target Man and regularly scores/gets assists.

I do agree, though, that AMCs seem to get rooked on the ratings if they don't get on the scoresheet.

You have your AMC as a Target Man?

Play the same formation with Gerrard just behind Torres and he just set the premiership average rating record with 7.62. He was amazing. Just takes a bit of tweaking to get it right.

Torres got 28 league goals aswell!

You have your AMC as a Target Man?

I've done that too. My AMC set as playmaker and targetman, with those options ticked in team instructions, passing set to through the middle and forward runs rarely so that nearly every ball is played to him. Also he has run with ball often and crossing rarely. Needless to say, my goalkeeper was set to distribute to my AMC as well :D

I did reasonably well with this tactic, but then switched to another one because I wanted to give the others a chance to play :D

The AMC in question was Messi mate, not very easy to mark :thup:

Not for one man, but have a formation with a DMC and assign him and an MC/AMC to double-up on him, and one might be able to cause some problems. Control, if not contain...and if the entire opposing tactic is vuilt to funnel through him, it'll probably break down over the course of the match...

I don't get consistently bad ratings, but I do get a consistently worse first half rating which gets much better during the second half. I've since then learned not to be bothered too much with 5.4-ish AMC ratings at half time, tell them I have faith or to Prove a point; then, in the first 15 mins of the second half, they'll have improved to well over 6.5, touching 7 at times even without goals or assists.

Only when the opposition is really weak (a division lower at least) or if AMC makes assist/goal does the AMC rating in first half get better. Mind you, I don't mind the AMC ratings, I've recalibrated my mind for that position a bit. And I find the team, and the AMC, to play very fluidly and creatively, just the way I want to. So I'm assuming the 5.x ratings are a misrepresentation of the real world and if the fans or board are disappointed, well, I'm the manager and I know football best :)

It an absolute ****take really. My formation always includes an AMC. While I was playing on 9.01 my AMC was getting the best ratings in the side. However since that joke of a program called steam downloaded to new patch (despite me setting it not to), my AMC gets ratings of low 5's every game. has pretty much destroyed my game. cheers si/steam

i played a 4-2-3-1 with forest and i had cohen as my AMC' date=' he scored for fun, it was my striker that seemed to be iceolated and didnt get involved much[/quote']

Thats the same with me. I play as Liverpool with Gerrard behind Torres and Gerrard scores more than Torres does. Even in a pre-season friendly i won 6-0 with Gerrard scoring 4 goals and managing a hattrick inside the first ten minutes!

the striker acts like a man to take away the CB and the AMc is unmarked and pops up with a late run which wide players picks out woth corsses, playing with 2 up and the wingers cant hit a barn door..

it's very odd, i think it comes down to the ME rather than tactics or player stats. the match engine reacts in different ways depending on your formation and tactics and ignores player stats and how good or bad they are.

It an absolute ****take really. My formation always includes an AMC. While I was playing on 9.01 my AMC was getting the best ratings in the side. However since that joke of a program called steam downloaded to new patch (despite me setting it not to), my AMC gets ratings of low 5's every game. has pretty much destroyed my game. cheers si/steam

One question: apart from the ratings itself, is the AMC doing his job? I mean, does your team perform the way you like? Whatever the ratings say, it's what your AMC does on the pitch what matters most, isn't it?

If so, within reason, who cares about low ratings anyway? I know, it's a bit harder to keep them motivated or to keep your player-confidence-screen happy, but surely it cannot destroy your game if everything else is sort of ok.

Mind you, I'm not saying it's perfect and I surely wish for the ratings to be more accurate or better (my main problem is a consistently low rating 1st half and a good recovery in 2nd half), but Elano/VdVaart perform well for me on the pitch.

Can't beat a good 4-4-2 lol.

I also wondered why my AMCs were playing so poorly. I used to have one in the Blue Square Premier and he did alright as a holding midfielder, scored a few peaches from 30+ yards but never really played my striker in, he had to work like a trooper to get the ball.

Archived