Only 2 leagues playable out of 6

So I've started out in Division 3 in Germany and ended up getting promoted to the Bundesliga in 4 or 5 seasons. In mid-season in the topflight I got a job offer from Feyenoord and have managing them for a while now.

When I looked to move to a different league I saw that I only got to see available jobs in Holland and Germany while I started the game with the English, Italian, Spanish and Turkish competitions as well. I thought it was pretty weird not being able to move to those leagues.

Just now I've updated to the latest patch but it didn't really fix anything.

Here's a screenshot of when I try to add a new user.

When looking at the job security screen I also only see German/Dutch clubs and nations.

What I'm forgetting is that I went looking for clubs to apply for by looking at the table and seeing what top club was doing badly. I saw Valencia, applied for it, got the job but then had the problem I couldn't sign any new staff-members which is I think a different problem. If it weren't for that little bug I'd probably have the choice of being able to move around 3 out of 6 countries.

Would appreciate any help on this.

F..k me, I went to the main menu, pressed New Game to check what set-up it remembered and indeed all the leagues except the German and Dutch are on View-Only :/

Assuming you can't change it after you started the game? Can't find the setting for it

I wouldn't look for this to be a feature until FM2010, and even that is wildly optimistic. As far as I know SI has never indicated they would try to restructure the game so that leagues could be added or dropped on the fly, so... I'm not expecting it ever frankly. To be fair it would be a monster to program, getting histories and interactions up to date, etc.., but it would be nice.

Shouldn't be too hard to implement it in the next patch I reckon?

Yeah it should. Certainly won't be a patch thing, and if it is implemented in the game in the future it would be very difficult and won't happen for some time

Archived