Where's my parade?

Just finished first season and won the league with my Liverpool team.

I'm incredibly happy as I only signed a few players and won with practically a shoe string budget compared to other teams *cough* Man City *cough*

Anyway, after all this what do I get?

A few messages in my inbox saying I've won the league. No big fuss, even the journalists barely mentioned it in the press conference.

I want recognition !

So, my point being.

More of a fuss should be made of winning the league, especially now that we have 3D. I should see the team after the match lifting the trophy and I should be interviewed about how we went against all odds to claim the trophy. What areas I think need to be improved, can we do it again.

Its an area I'm sure people would like to see improved

Throughout the various versions of this game, this has been always true. In last year's version, I was amazed/suprised to find out I was fired without even noticing it. Something looked off on the interface when I "Continued" through to a new day, but I couldn't quite place it at first. Then I realized the link to my club had dissapeared at the top of the screen. Confused, I checked back through my mail and realized I had skimmed right past the message that I had been fired. No press conference? No outcry from players? Staff? Fans? Very anti-climactic.

Throughout the various versions of this game, this has been always true. In last year's version, I was amazed/suprised to find out I was fired without even noticing it. Something looked off on the interface when I "Continued" through to a new day, but I couldn't quite place it at first. Then I realized the link to my club had dissapeared at the top of the screen. Confused, I checked back through my mail and realized I had skimmed right past the message that I had been fired. No press conference? No outcry from players? Staff? Fans? Very anti-climactic.

:D

I agree though, it's a bit irratating when you have worked hard to win the league then you get "the board are satisfied with your performance, and pleased with winning the Prem"

:D

I agree though, it's a bit irratating when you have worked hard to win the league then you get "the board are satisfied with your performance, and pleased with winning the Prem"

Dont' forget they say "we ask that the manager keep celebrations to a minimum and concentrate on future challenges"

Gah so annoying.

Sometimes i think this game should be a bit more personal,when you leave a club nothing is really mentioned,if you win anything the response is muted,i just wish the game had a bit more soul...probably expecting too much i guess.

If you get sacked after putting in an ultimatum, itd be great if the fans sometimes protested to try and get you back (especially as often you give the board an ultimatum and it says "the fans sympathise with the manager" or something along those lines- they seem to support you but then, when you go, they forget all about it). Often, of course (as in the case of keegan at the mags) it wouldnt work, but very rarely it might, and at the very least it would make things harder for the next manager and, if he got sacked, the fans would want you back.

I also think when you leave, you should have a press conference and this could affect how highly thought of you are at the club (as well as providing an opportunity to slag off your board/ fans should you wish). Being able to promise you wouldnt manage the teams rivals at any point in your career could be great- the fans would like you but, if you later on choose to go back on your word, you would become a hate figure

When you win the league a bit more fuss should be made (although i cant entirely think of how they could do this without just having loads more ex players saying how great you are). Also, on the back on a competition win, your board should be more inclined to accept ultimatums as they wouldnt want to lose the talented manager!

If you get sacked after putting in an ultimatum' date=' itd be great if the fans sometimes protested to try and get you back (especially as often you give the board an ultimatum and it says "the fans sympathise with the manager" or something along those lines- they seem to support you but then, when you go, they forget all about it). Often, of course (as in the case of keegan at the mags) it wouldnt work, but very rarely it might, and at the very least it would make things harder for the next manager and, if he got sacked, the fans would want you back.

I also think when you leave, you should have a press conference and this could affect how highly thought of you are at the club (as well as providing an opportunity to slag off your board/ fans should you wish). Being able to promise you wouldnt manage the teams rivals at any point in your career could be great- the fans would like you but, if you later on choose to go back on your word, you would become a hate figure

When you win the league a bit more fuss should be made (although i cant entirely think of how they could do this without just having loads more ex players saying how great you are). Also, on the back on a competition win, your board should be more inclined to accept ultimatums as they wouldnt want to lose the talented manager![/quote']

Spot on,if SI games are going to go down the interactive route with this game then making it feel more personal as you suggest would be great...i'd like it anyway.

If you get sacked after putting in an ultimatum' date=' itd be great if the fans sometimes protested to try and get you back (especially as often you give the board an ultimatum and it says "the fans sympathise with the manager" or something along those lines- they seem to support you but then, when you go, they forget all about it). Often, of course (as in the case of keegan at the mags) it wouldnt work, but very rarely it might, and at the very least it would make things harder for the next manager and, if he got sacked, the fans would want you back.

When you win the league a bit more fuss should be made (although i cant entirely think of how they could do this without just having loads more ex players saying how great you are). Also, on the back on a competition win, your board should be more inclined to accept ultimatums as they wouldnt want to lose the talented manager![/quote']

like this.... a lot!

I think this is a great idea. It should mean more to clubs when you win things. I also agree that having press conferences when you leave a club should have a bearing on how that club views you. It kinda annoys me that when you play a career game and you do wonders with a team that when you leave you automatically become a hated figure (or at least lose your 'favoured personel') at that club. I could understand if you screwed them and left for a rival team but normally its just to better yourself or you feel you have taken them as far as you can and then they suddenly forget all the great work you have done!!

Archived