My Transfer Budget Fiasco

At the start of my current season (2013) my board, as always indicated my transfer budget which was about 30m from what I can remember. However it didn't have the usual options where you could change raise the budget and lower the wages as I normally do. So i thought ok that's a bit odd, but 30m is still pretty alright for the top notch centre back I wanted.

But my money never came. The budget remained at the 2.2 million I had left from last season and therefore basically all I've signed is an 18 year old potentially good striker. I've tried asking the board for more transfer funds (because due to no spending the balance is 50m when normally its slightly in the red from spending all my budget) but they reply by 'politely reminding me that they have yet to see a return from the money spent this season' BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T GIVE ME ANY. Its pretty annoying obviously.

HAS THIS EVER HAPPENED TO ANYONE ELSE??

SURELY THIS IS JUST AN IN GAME ERROR BUT IS THERE ANY OTHER EXPLANATION??

If anyone is wondering I am Brighton, won the prem for 2 of the last 3 years and reached the CL Final for the last two years, losing to and then beating R.Madrid.

Originally posted by r0x0r:

Did you expand your stadium or anything?

Or does it need expanding?

May be a reason they are tightening the purse strings?

Shouldn't really matter if they stated they will give him £30,000,000.

Unless it is a bug, the only reasonable explanation I can think of, is that you signed a player for X amount, paid over 24 months, and that came off of this seasons budget.

i've had this happen when just joining a club.

decided to start a game in India, they promised by approx. $100k for purchases and (i think) about $15k per week in wages (which is quite good for India). so i signed on and started to recruit decent players, i didn't re-check my available balance, but when the first player i wanted agreed to terms (for a transfer of $40k, he was a very good striker for the league) it was rejected as we didn't have the funds!!

i look at my finance screen and my transfer budget is now $5k and my wages budget is $7k leaving me no room to move at all, really wasn't happy with that one!

Archived