Possibility for a DS version?

I dont know much about all the specs and technical power for it but would it be able to run such a large database? as it would be very easy to navigate with the touch screen, i personally dont own one but was wondering if it was possible? (I like the look of the white ds lite)

So is a ds version in the pipeline, maybe?

I dont know much about all the specs and technical power for it but would it be able to run such a large database? as it would be very easy to navigate with the touch screen, i personally dont own one but was wondering if it was possible? (I like the look of the white ds lite)

So is a ds version in the pipeline, maybe?

• SI Staff

I love the idea of doing a game on the DS at some point (not least because my eldest two kids have them) - however it isn't as high a spec machine as the PSP and its currently not a platform we're considering for FM Handheld I'm afraid ...

I think "a tenth" is a bit exaggerated. Because the DS uses cards instead of discs, it's technically more feasible to store the non-changing data (nations, clubs, first and surnames etc.) on the card, as well as the code for the game. Even so, the paltry 4MB of memory would make the game severly cut down and the weaker processor would have a major impact.

Any sequel to the DS (as in a DS2, not a DS Lite) should hopefully be viable, provided SI haven't moved the portable game onto even more powerful hardware.

Still, I have no complaints about the PSP version other than the tactics, and that's not a problem that can't be fixed on the existing system.

Archived