You know what would be good. If every 2 season we get new kits

As well as regens. Can we get regenerated 3D shirts.

Say the programmers code a script which allows the AI to regenerate shirts in the primary colours of red, white, black for Man Utd. Of courses adding patterns of stripes, lines and shapes of colours.

This would mean every 2 season we get a amp of income from shirt sales.

Good idea? Or bad?

Wouldn't that be unrealistic though? Man U do not wear stripes, lines or shapes of colours, they wear solid red.

A good idea (if it does not already exist) would be star-player merchandising and sales of shirts with his name on it.

i like the idea of a change in kits boosting shirt sales

im not so sure on designing the kits yourself, whilst mildly amsuing, it would be a bit far fetched within the context of the games search for realism

that being said, ferguson axed those grey one didnt he

you can. there was a thread about this a few days ago. i pointed out where someone edited the kits for nottingham forest.

I am not talking about designing your own. I'm talking about the AI generating kits based on your team colours. Not just for your team but every team in the game. That way the whole footballing world moves forward with you.

Wouldn't that be unrealistic though? Man U do not wear stripes, lines or shapes of colours, they wear solid red.

A good idea (if it does not already exist) would be star-player merchandising and sales of shirts with his name on it.

Most team shirts are their primary sold colours with a few pattern thrown in such as a white line here or there, a black patch here and there.

i like the idea of a change in kits boosting shirt sales

im not so sure on designing the kits yourself, whilst mildly amsuing, it would be a bit far fetched within the context of the games search for realism

that being said, ferguson axed those grey one didnt he

See above.

I think its a solid idea as far as having it reflected in income and all...a little boost when there's a new shirt out would be realistic, however maybe not having it shown would save alot of squabbling over "omg, my team NEVER has a design on their shirt" because, lets face it, some people just like to complain!

Also...I'd like to see some Sponsors go bust and then that bring more sales from shirts once a new Sponsor joins :D

I know, I know...real companies would be ****ed if FM had Samsung (for example) go bust, but for teams lower down they could have fictional sponsorship...idk, I just like that idea...

As well as regens. Can we get regenerated 3D shirts.

Say the programmers code a script which allows the AI to regenerate shirts in the primary colours of red, white, black for Man Utd. Of courses adding patterns of stripes, lines and shapes of colours.

This would mean every 2 season we get a amp of income from shirt sales.

Good idea? Or bad?

Just quoting this before he edits it - so it is he who will look insane, and not me.

HoPeY taught me that trick :thup:

(David Silva :()

EDIT - Deltaroad, you, sir, are a scumbag. :mad:

I'd quite like to see in the player information how much merchandise is sold with his names on, like shirts, so you can take this into account when buying a player how much you're likely to receive in shirt sales not just the generalised big name singing, shirt sales rise etc message you get.

When Beckham signed for RM, they made £30 million in shirt sales, which actually made them a profit.

Same with Ronaldinho when he left to AC.

I think kit regens for away/third kits would be a good idea and add realism.

I'm not sure how you could create new home kits though because most teams keep the same kits, except for new sponsors/makes (although they don't happen that often either). Half the time all that changes on a home kit can be the collar design, or a tiny piece of detail that you can't portray on FM.

The away kits would be far easier as they change far more often and importantly change colour. SI could perhaps just look at teams past away kits and use it to have a "set" design (or two), and then the colour combinations can change each season (within colour limits, i.e. Liverpool wearing blue would obviously not be right).

I'd like it to be added. The sponsors and makes could also change at times if possible.

It is a good idea, but for the people who don't want to bother with that, what if you could just change the colours of your team, expecially for away or third kits? Maybe without actually changing the kit styles

Think that would be the best idea. Just the team colours changing for the away and 3rd kit rather than actually having another kit design.

Well in Jack Charlton’s autobiography he claims he put the white stripe on Middlesbrough’s tops so I suppose managers could have an influence on it.

Personally I like the idea as long as it is kept to using the same colours with a few changes in design. As Man U or Liverpool etc are hardly going to play in yellow and pink anytime soon.

I am in favor of this additiona croppin up as a bonus bit of cash every couple of years, but having a say in shirt design isnt really somethin a manager does imo.

However, wasn't it Chapman back in the day that insisted Arsenl chnage their all red tops to have qhite sleeves because it made team mates easier to spot.

Archived