We need to push more men forwards if we want to get level because.......

our players are being out numbered by the (opponents) defence.

I'm playing a 4-5-1 formation and on the odd occasion i'm getting the following feedback from my assistant manager during the match,seems like it happens on more away games,or when i'm chasing the game,unsure what to tweak for this scenario

assisadvicejm3.th.jpg

I know it has something to do with my teams mentality,but not sure what to tweak ?

Players instructions

DC's x 2

dcx2oj8.th.jpg

DR & DL

drdlry3.th.jpg

MC's (defensive)

drdlry3.th.jpg

3 more screenies to follow

It is just referring to the fact that you are playing a lone striker.

Your attack is literally outnumbered by their defence. Nothing to do with mentality.

Your assistant is just suggesting that you might like to change to a more attacking formation with more forward players because you are chasing the game.

Thanks for the reply,but i always get the "your players are been out numbered by the opponents defence" and "we need to push more men forward if we want to get level because our forwards are being out numbered by(opponents)defence" at the same time,i know they sound similar to each other but saying both things says it's something to do with mentality,.I totally agree with what you say in your first instance,i just feel there is something more i can tweak for the second scenario i mean in this post.

Jeez i hope i aint confused what i'm saying,when i get both bits of feedback i'll bump this thread with a new screenie to make it more clear.

Thanks all the same crouchaldinho :)

I never mate,couldn't get a ticket :( last game i went to was the villa game 30th of last month,was working anyways so it was the highlights only i'm affraid.

Aaah too bad! Luckily i got a season pass lol. Hows your Hull save going? I just started my 4th one lol. Two games in and drew 0-0 with man u and drew 1-1 with everton. Not a bad start tbh.

I'm in the 3rd season with my own tactic (first one ever lol) 2nd season i finished 5th and got into the uefa cup (lost out on the last game and crashed out) currently 13th :( 3rd season,but optimistic as there aint too many points to reach 5th spot (20 games in) so all to play for i guess,enjoying the ride tho.

Thanks for the reply,but i always get the "your players are been out numbered by the opponents defence" and "we need to push more men forward if we want to get level because our forwards are being out numbered by(opponents)defence" at the same time,i know they sound similar to each other but saying both things says it's something to do with mentality,.I totally agree with what you say in your first instance,i just feel there is something more i can tweak for the second scenario i mean in this post.

Jeez i hope i aint confused what i'm saying,when i get both bits of feedback i'll bump this thread with a new screenie to make it more clear.

Thanks all the same crouchaldinho :)

Taylorsmen, you're making it more complicated than it actually is. The two message mean the same thing. The first one is the same as the second one, it's just worded differently because you are losing. In both cases your assistant suggests you play with more than 1 striker because you are being outnumbered by the opposition defenders.

Both messages literally mean that your 4-5-1 formation has only one striker and therefore the opposition are outnumbering your lone striker as they have two central defenders to mark him. There is nothing you can do about it in terms of changing mentality. The only thing you could do is change the formation!

I had a 4-4-1-1 formation that I was experimenting with and I experienced the same message. I suggest you ignore the message if your 4-5-1 is working for you - if you have set up forward runs and mentality well then you should be fine anyway. This is why the 4-5-1 formation is so difficult to set up in real life, i.e. because you need to mitigate the lack of attacking players by getting midfielders to support your lone striker. Think England v Croatia in the Euro qualifiers where Peter Crouch was up front on his own and totally isolated for large parts of the game. I bet Steve McLaren's assistant was saying to him, 'your players are been out numbered by the opponents defence' - shame he didn't listen. There is a difference between 'formation' and 'shape' that your assistant won't recognise. The most successful 4-5-1 systems play almost like a 4-3-3 when attacking ensuring support for the attack and/or attacking midfielders get forward at every opportunity to act as a support for the striker. I'm sure you understand what I am getting at.

To get level with a side when you are losing, you might like to change your formation and throw on another forward. This is totally up to you. I tend to switch to my own 4-2-4 and then I get the message that I am being outnumbered in midfield (when playing against a 4-4-2)!

If you still don't believe me, try changing to a few different formations. Try playing 1 man in the centre of the park against a 4-4-2 and you'll get a similar message from your assistant suggesting that the opposition are outnumbering you in the middle of the park.

Hope this helps and the penny has dropped. :)

C.

Taylorsmen, you're making it more complicated than it actually is. The two message mean the same thing. The first one is the same as the second one, it's just worded differently because you are losing. In both cases your assistant suggests you play with more than 1 striker because you are being outnumbered by the opposition defenders.

Both messages literally mean that your 4-5-1 formation has only one striker and therefore the opposition are outnumbering your lone striker as they have two central defenders to mark him. There is nothing you can do about it in terms of changing mentality. The only thing you could do is change the formation!

I had a 4-4-1-1 formation that I was experimenting with and I experienced the same message. I suggest you ignore the message if your 4-5-1 is working for you - if you have set up forward runs and mentality well then you should be fine anyway. This is why the 4-5-1 formation is so difficult to set up in real life, i.e. because you need to mitigate the lack of attacking players by getting midfielders to support your lone striker. Think England v Croatia in the Euro qualifiers where Peter Crouch was up front on his own and totally isolated for large parts of the game. I bet Steve McLaren's assistant was saying to him, 'your players are been out numbered by the opponents defence' - shame he didn't listen. There is a difference between 'formation' and 'shape' that your assistant won't recognise. The most successful 4-5-1 systems play almost like a 4-3-3 when attacking ensuring support for the attack and/or attacking midfielders get forward at every opportunity to act as a support for the striker. I'm sure you understand what I am getting at.

To get level with a side when you are losing, you might like to change your formation and throw on another forward. This is totally up to you. I tend to switch to my own 4-2-4 and then I get the message that I am being outnumbered in midfield (when playing against a 4-4-2)!

If you still don't believe me, try changing to a few different formations. Try playing 1 man in the centre of the park against a 4-4-2 and you'll get a similar message from your assistant suggesting that the opposition are outnumbering you in the middle of the park.

Hope this helps and the penny has dropped. :)

C.

Thanks mate,i think the penny has dropped,i just needed my unactive brain cells to register it,cheers mate

Archived