Requesting Feeder Clubs

You always get crap teams at first as far as i know. once you have picked a few minor teams, your options get better the more you ask. having said that, i experienced the following:

I used the "Choose Club" option to select Nantes as my feeder team. Decent club, French 2nd Division, squad lacked a little depth so i thought my players would have a chance to go straight into the first team. Either way, they rejected me (surprise surprise). Then imagine my shock when the next chance i get to ask for a club, i just pick "any type" and my board come back with 5 suggestions, 1 of which is Nantes!! :eek:

Makes no sense to me at all.

the "choose club" option is really rubbish, there probably should be an in game way to indicate whether they would accept or not instead of you picking one get flat out rejected every time and wait another 5monts for a new request

BlackTiger is right. You won't automatically get things like merchandising and work permit feeders. You'll have to pick a local one(or even a couple) first then you will start getting offered better options. Once you've been at the club for a while (about 2 seasons) and the board think they can trust you then you will be asked which type of feeder you'd like them to look for then after another while they will even ask you if you want a specific club. Asking you if you want a specific club is a feature of FM2009 only so if your playing a different version then you wont get this just the other two options.

the "choose club" option is really rubbish, there probably should be an in game way to indicate whether they would accept or not instead of you picking one get flat out rejected every time and wait another 5monts for a new request
Yeah I like that idea, like a new coloumn with the chairmans chances of getting this club as a feeder club in percentages, stars, out of 10, or whatever, anything is better then taking a **** in the wind and hoping for the best.

I've used the choose club option twice and the board accepted the club both times. It's just a case of picking clubs that you might realistically get. Playing with Nottingham Forest I requested Sheffield Wednesday purely because of the geographical location. I also picked Shamrock Rovers and both were accepted. As soon as I tried a bigger club. It was rejected.

glad to see common logic worked for you, I tried 4 times to get a feeder club from 2nd divison during my 5-7th season when most of the clubs already had one parent club but all rejected me even though they didnt have a parent club and my rep >>>> theirs I also tried to get commercial link cub from Japan/S Korea since I only have 1 from China, my rep is continental and I got rejected by all clubs even from the clubs who's value is around 1mil or lower.

This "Choose Club" option seems to be bugged imo, there are countless threads about this issue, and i too am deeply frustrated by the feeder club choices i usually get, coz their usually obscure teams that serve little purpose. I'm Leeds in the prem, playing in europe.

Archived