Do the other managers "learn" your tactics?

First season, wont the league about 10 points clear.

Second season, came second in the league.

Third season, started off terrible (yet to finish) alot of draws against mid table teams.

Now, i know its not the players as ive kept things fresh with quality players.

Is it just the tactics, despite the fact they ripped through some big teams they slowly become less effective?

Yes - if you're initially a team that other teams think they can beat, other teams will play attacking football against you, which your counter-attacking tactic will exploit nicely. However, when you become a bigger team, teams are playing more defensive and counter-attacking against you, and they are winning the games. Hop on over to the Tactics and Training forum and read through some threads there to get some tactical tips, particularly the recommended ones in the Tactics Bible.

SI has claimed the AI doesn't "crack" your tactics. It does, however, evaluate your team on an ongoing basis, and plan it's tactics accordingly. Early on, they thought you were a poor side, and their tactics were played off that. Maybe they started less than their top XI, maybe they went more attacking and direct, and your defense was able to pick their reckless play apart. Now, they know you're a good/decent side, and they player better players/tighten up against you. So, what worked for you early won't work for you late. Or even midway...

This is a common myth perpetuated by the 2nd season syndrome. Most people however buy around 5-10 new players when possible in the 2nd season. It is that i point to not the learn your tactics shizzle.

Sometimes teams can go on bad runs and i know myself i have thought it is my tactics and changed it around. It is purely cosmetic of course as i change my tactics all the time depending on the opposing formation. I am one of those rare breed of FM managers who dont just robotically use a formation and deploy it against every single opposition.

Archived