CA + GA = Potenial CA

It seems in FM2009 every player has a hidden stat that determines how much a player can improve.

I have this player in my Como squad: Thanassis Evangelinos. His ca is 73, PA198.

In Genie scout there's this box you can check in the player profile screen 'show potential attributes'. Checking this box the stats change and his CA changes. His CA changed from 73 to 133 (up 60 points), instead of 198. So it seems his real PA is not 198 but 133.

Then i used FMRTE and changed his CA from 73 to 113. After saving the game, restarting genie and checking the 'show potential attributes' box his potential CA was now 173 (again up 60 points).

So it seems this player has a growth ability of 60 points at that point in the game. Whenever you change the CA, the potential CA changes with the same amount of points. (unless the player is over his top)

GA + CA = Potential CA (in which GA and CA are communicating vessels, if CA goes up GA goes down).

This means that if you increase the potential ability of a player using the editor, it will only have a certain effect if the player's growth ability is high enough.

I've noticed while playing the game that there's a very big difference in how fast players' CA develop. CA development doesn't seem to have much to do with stats like determination or how much a player actually plays. I bought a player when his CA was 139 (PA174). He plays everymatch, two years later his CA is still 139. His potential CA seemed to be pretty close to his current CA.

If there really is a stat like GA that determines how much a player is allowed to grow at a certain point in the game, then the real time editors out there should be able to extract it from the memory for the purpose of editing.

Any thoughts on this?

Genie's Show PA is only an estimate, and if its stuck at only adding 60 CA then its not working even as well as I thought. As far as there being an actual GA I don't think anyone has noticed players not reaching their PA because of some arbitrary limit, so: Genie: 0, Game: 1. Trust the game, not the editor in this case.

Archived