Freezing

Go to preferences > Display & Sound > at the top of the screen it gives you an option to change it from default setting to windowed mode.

I want to play it in default setting but it keeps crashing. Dont want to play it in windowed mode

Make sure your graphics card drivers are up to date.

Make sure you have DirectX up to date - there's a link in the known issues thread.

Windowed mode is working to resolve some hardware incompatibilities at the moment so it may be a last-ditch thing to try.

If you can post more details on your hardware that may help - alternatively Customer Services can go through your installation and machine spec with you and try to help.

• 5 weeks later...

Seems to be running much, much better (Cheers for the Java tip how I missed that I never know :/ ).

I am running windows vista. I have few leagues running, well I have a few but I haven't got giddy with it the PC can handle it. The doesn't seem to crash/freeze pre-match now. I have done the following...

Vista now has 4MB of DDII ram instead of the 3MB before.

The leagues I am running are fine, sure the PC can do it I am in 2016.

I have run via device manager, and obtained where able the new drivers, for the hardware.

I have the new drivers from Nvida official site the flashing issue seems to have gone away now.

...... Oh and I've installed Jave and it's up to date.

I have the game installed through steam, I right clicked from the games menu and chose properties and did a defrag on the game files or summit, that seemed to have helped to as they are now optimised.

So it seems to run much better now.

I thought I would post a reply as it seems to run smoother than before. It may help some others in the same boat, tad annoying being forced to re-start from the last save.

/However sods law. Always seems to prevail when I post a postive on here. So touches, wood.

has anyone had the problem playing in windowed mode of the screen going black and a message in the top left saying 'not responding'? it happens to me occasionaly when the game is processing but only lasts for a few seconds and the game doesn't crash. i have just converted back to full screen mode to see if i have the same problem.

Archived