what Shall I Do?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. what Shall I Do?

• Start A New Game From Scratch
    • Retire & Join Your Preferred Club, & Hope Your players Will Join You Again
    • Stick With It, Despite The Boredom
    • Quit Football Manager And Play Fifa

Hi all

new member here, and i play on the mac :)

i love football manager 2009, i got it 3 weeks ago and have played it every day for at least an hour since, i only owned one previous manager game for my old pc, championship manager 4, i have to say, i am so impressed by the progress of manager games since

I just have a quick question though

I am into my second season with Glasgow Rangers (abysmal first season) and i dont know whether to stay on, as i think i will get very tedious over this season. I dont want to quit however, or just retire with one manager and start with a new, as i have bought Franco Di Santo, Marcelo, Scott Carson & James Morrrison to Rangers, & i am afraid if i start with a club like Aston Villa or Man City, they wont come back, does anybody have any suggestions as to what i should do?

Thankyou

JC

I reckon your best bet would be to resign from your Rangers post (not retire) so you become unemployed then start applying for any vacant positions that may be available and see where that takes you. You wont waste your previous time at Rangers then and it would be interesting to see if you have formed strong relationships with any of your players and if they are willing to follow you to your new club.

sorry guys for the multi posts, ill edit next time

i am glad i stayed, just signed Arshavin and beat Olympiakos in the champions league qualifying stages. Also, i have got a new manager taken over newly promoted wolves, and since i want them to stay in the premiership i have given them some of my unused players, to give them a better chance.

Is there also a way to convince Ronaldo (Brazillian not Portugese) to stay at my club, hes unhappy after just a month of signing for me, and wants to leave. He is fairly valuable, despite his injury prone lifestyle, as he helped me beat olympiakos and hearts.

sorry guys for the multi posts, ill edit next time

i am glad i stayed, just signed Arshavin and beat Olympiakos in the champions league qualifying stages. Also, i have got a new manager taken over newly promoted wolves, and since i want them to stay in the premiership i have given them some of my unused players, to give them a better chance.

Is there also a way to convince Ronaldo (Brazillian not Portugese) to stay at my club, hes unhappy after just a month of signing for me, and wants to leave. He is fairly valuable, despite his injury prone lifestyle, as he helped me beat olympiakos and hearts.

Try offering him a new contract, he may want to sign and if he does sign he should become settled again.

Alternatively, sign someone from his favored personal, or ask him to recommand a player/coach/scout and sign them:thup:

Lastly, if you can't do either of the above, just keep playing him and hope he becomes happy ones he settles in to life at your club.

If none of the above work, I would just sell him. He would clear room for wages, and there are better/younger players you could get anyway.

In the spoiler there is a player recommendation, don't scroll over it if you don't want to see a player name:)

Try Lewandowski from Lech if you sell him, he is a very good striker and is quite cheap too:thup:

And yes, welcome to the forums:thup:

Lafferty got me £5M plus monthly installments to newcastle at the start of the first season, and Kris Boyd and Kenny Miller got me a fair bit as well, cant remember the amount, i also sold the clubs best player (McGregor) because he was unhappy which got me a lot of money as i rejected 2 bids from Monaco who ended up bidding around £5.5M-6.5M

I am having a good season so far, beat Man United in injury time with Kazim Kazim rounding the keeper :D extremely happy and held onto a draw with Red Star Belgrade in the champions league, so this time it may not be an embarrasment.

Thanks for all the help guys

I dont want to start a new thread and get complaints for taking up space, so ill post it here.

January transfer window past, just signed Zaki (FREE TRANSFER, BARGAIN!) and Arshavin signed as i said as well, so things are looking up, and beating Celtic 2-0 at home means i have won 4 out of 5 of our battles, we drew the other game. Thanks for the help on the Ronaldo topic Arsenal 2111, i asked him to recommend me a signing, Denilson (old one) and we agreed terms, hell come in January so hopefully that will cheer him up.

Another quick question (Sorry, Im New)

Rory Delap has long throws attribute of 20 (again im sorry but i think thats the maximum) and i wouldnt mind having that ability in my squad, as i have never scored from a play starting from a throw in. Would he launch them like in real life, or is it not tjhat realistic?

Thankyou again

JC

• 1 year later...

Archived