what would come out on top?

if you had 2 teams, 1 full of players all with CA 175 PA 180 with Consistancy 10 and big match stat of 10

the 2nd team would be full of players with CA 150 PA 155 but with consistancy rating 20 and big match rating of 20.

if they had 2 manager exactly the same playing the same way what team do you think would come out on top over a season?

Consistantcy is how often (out of 25) they perform to their best. It wouldn't nessarily be an important match. Then there's fitness, morale, actual attributes (CA is irrelevant), form, motivation, luck, etc. It could go either way, but I'd imagine the first team would win it as they're going to be 175 CA players 10 times out of 25. Chances are several of them will perform to their best, and even if not then there will be moments of brilliance.

what about the individual player stats? leave them at 0 and let them get filled in automaticly or not?

Leaving the attributes blank may have the unwanted effect of unbalancing the distribution of player ability points.

Although it'd take a while to set up, you're best filling them all in yourself.

Do each team identically, then let FM readjust them according to CA. That way the experiment would be "valid".

Make sure to set the club reputation as equal, as well as bank balance/transfer funds available (possibly ZERO so they can't buy anyone right away). Then set the club Chairmen's attributes identically as well.

In fact, alter each team's stadium so they have the same capacity and attendance.

In order for the experiment to be relevant, you'll have to make every single thing about each team IDENTICAL from the ground up. The only differences can be the things you pointed out in the OP: Player mentality and CA/PA

That means each player must also be the same age as the corresponding player from their counterpart.

Hope that makes sense :)

they will both play at wembely and be Rivals, i have also set a couple rival team players to dislike each other for added spice..

bank balance is set the same, done that, after creating the goal keeper's i ran the game to see how the players stats would differ, they only lowerd a couple by 1 stat here and there, i dont think thats enough..

What im doing now, players on CA 180 im giving 18 or 20 for key stats and the CA 150 im giving 2 or 3 less, if i dont do that the only difference will be the 2 hiden stat's..

iv set both clubs and managers up, 4 GK's and 4 FB's now moving onto CB's

Yeah - if you set a player to CA/PA of 200/200 and set all his abilities to 5 or something silly like that, shortly after starting the game and continuing time, his abilities would start at 5 but then rise up to meet his CA of 200.

I'm not sure which abilities would rise, mind. Hopefully it would be position-specific; a striker SHOULD gain more in finishing and composure. But, knowing FM, he would probably end up with 15's across the board.

well is i set the 150CA key stats to 15 or 16 and the 180CA stats to 18-19 at least then there will be a little bit of difference in the player's over all skill's they wont be able to improve because they are maxed out, they can only get worse with bad training or injury's

my fingers got sore and cramped up using the mouse so didnt get time to finish every thing off...

im running an initial test and it's going massivly in favour of the high CA 180 team, they are matching Man U in 2nd place while the lessor team are doing ok in 7th at the half way point..

im running it for a 2nd season and see what happens.

a couple players made it into the england squad, RB and Goile from the CA 180 team, proves England's week area i guess ;)

also seen as there hoem ground was wembely, i set there average gate at 50k and set a maximum upto 100k the 2nd season they are averaging over 70k per week in attendances

there is a massive differance in player value, the high CA players reputation has risen alot faster hence there value is over double that of the low CA players....

2nd season complete, A Team finishes 5th again while while B Team droped to 7th. A Team sacked there manager on 18/3/2010 despite beeing 5th, H Redknapp took over..

I'm suprised because none of the players have been sold on even after 2 season's, the only players to servive the england set up are Owen and Gerrard. the CA 180's have taken over the team..

Archived