Which leagues take up most memory?

I'm running a career type game with 58 leagues from 18 countries, and it's running a bit slow. That's why I reckon I would run less leagues next time I start up a new game (unless I have a more powerful pc by then). The question is then which leagues to include and which to exclude?

So I was thinking - some leagues, especially lower leagues in minor countries - don't have that many teams - like 10 - 14, and don't play that many games. Do those leagues take up less memory than e.g. the English leagues with 24 teams and 46 games?

I'm running a career type game with 58 leagues from 18 countries, and it's running a bit slow. That's why I reckon I would run less leagues next time I start up a new game (unless I have a more powerful pc by then). The question is then which leagues to include and which to exclude?

So I was thinking - some leagues, especially lower leagues in minor countries - don't have that many teams - like 10 - 14, and don't play that many games. Do those leagues take up less memory than e.g. the English leagues with 24 teams and 46 games?

Can I know the specs for your PC??

Well its Dual core 1,73 GHz and 1 GB RAM, so you can imagine 58 leagues is kinda slow, but I'm not really asking how many leagues I should run on my pc, but if including a league with 12 teams takes up half the memory or the same amount of memory (or something in between) of including a league with 24 teams.

I would guess you're right. Don't know that anyone has actually tried to compare this. Would be interesting to run a whole bunch of small leagues: Iceland, Bulgaria, etc.. and then compare with an equal number of large leagues. As Yallii mentions Brazil is probably the hugest at the 3rd division level.

I'd get at least another gig of ram if I were you. I think your running too many leauges with that amount of ram. I know thats not really what you asked but I think at least 2GB will make your FM experience more enjoyable and you won't have to worry about which leagues take up more memory or less.

58 leagues from 18 countries with 1Gb RAM, that's the problem itself :D

By the 2nd or 3rd season you'll be pushing an Elephant up the stairs.

I have 1Gb RAM with a dual-core @1.87GHz, and I only load 11 - 13 leagues from 5/6 countries.

how do you find out the specs for your pc. i.e the RAM.

For a PC...

If you are using XP or Vista then the easiest way is to right click on the 'Computer' or 'My Computer' icon on your desktop and select properties. This will open a window with your computer's specs.

I'm using Vista, but if I remember correctly then XP should be the same.

For a Mac...

Hold the Mac at arms length out of a window then let go. Once you have done this you will have space for your new PC which will have a manual including the specs.

For a PC...

If you are using XP or Vista then the easiest way is to right click on the 'Computer' or 'My Computer' icon on your desktop and select properties. This will open a window with your computer's specs.

I'm using Vista, but if I remember correctly then XP should be the same.

For a Mac...

Hold the Mac at arms length out of a window then let go. Once you have done this you will have space for your new PC which will have a manual including the specs.

PMSL thats 1 of the funniest things i've read in a long time. true though. LOL:):):)

Archived