Unavailable due to medical reasons?

Just signed a player and this message comes up on his profile screen. he can't play until september 08 which may not be long but he's not a very useful backup if he can't play.

Has anyone else seen this on any other players?

What nationality is he? Could be military service.

Doesn't it actually say it's due to military service rather than what the OP is describing?

To the OP: could you post up a screenshot of this players profile? Just curious to see it

Doesn't it actually say it's due to military service rather than what the OP is describing?

To the OP: could you post up a screenshot of this players profile? Just curious to see it

will try.

it is a Polish player Mariusz Lewandowski from Shakhtar.

http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj251/Smithy06_2007/?action=view&current=Lewandowski.jpg

there you go. he's not out for long but was just baffled as I had never seen this.

That is weird, so he was injured when you signed him yeah? Maybe this is the reason why, rather than tell you his injury, it just says that he can't play until September, something to do with his medical possibly?

That is weird, so he was injured when you signed him yeah? Maybe this is the reason why, rather than tell you his injury, it just says that he can't play until September, something to do with his medical possibly?

yeah he was already injured just imagined it was an illness or something.

Oh, I got the wrong drift from your original post. Thought that you were saying he was out for a period but had no idea why and were asking if it could be medical reasons. Doh!

You must have signed him from Shaktar, so maybe he's in quarantine or something. :) Or at least something medical that disallows him entry to the UK. It did say specifically club football.

I'm clutching at straws here.

Clive Clark after he had a heart attack was told not to play for a certain amount of months so he could rest, he decided to retire though, so i imagine something similar happend to Lewandowski.

maybe its what ignacio gonzalez has in real life because no one from nufc will talk about his injury lol

yeah what the hell is that? According to physio room.com it is the same injury as joey barton has just recovered from but he has never been available to us at all... like ever. But they wont say what the injury is!

Well thats the best suggestion for this problem I have seen so far. Has anyone actually had this happen in 09?

But why would it only be club football and not international?

That's a very good point. I missed that. It can't be due to taking a banned substance then, else he wouldn't be able to play internationally as well as his club.

Probably based on a real life illness that is unlikely to come up again in the game. For example, one player I cant remember who has a hernia but I doubt that is regularly incorporated into the game but that he actually had one IRL at the start of the game.

If it was two clubs it would say that, I dont think there are any age limits on leagues and intrestingly there is another player at Shaktar who is unable to play for the same reason until the August 1st. There is nothing in his injury history and physio reports say he is a fine althlete.

Im really intrigued now as to what has gone one with this player!

Archived