question about bug fixes in a patch that require a season to pass..

i'll use an obvious example of what i'm talking about, last season there was a change to EPL games which allowed 7 subs instead of 5 (i think the year before that there was a rooney bug of some sort too), now if you'd started a game before that patch, the readme for the new patch said it would change to 7 when the next season rolls around.

i'm at the last game of my current season but given all the nonsense bugs in 920, i'm going to temporarily shelve this save until the next patch, however if there are any bugs that need a season to finish, i dont want to have to play another whole season to get these potential fixes, whatever they may be.

so, when are these "end of season fixes" applied?

i'll use an obvious example of what i'm talking about, last season there was a change to EPL games which allowed 7 subs instead of 5 (i think the year before that there was a rooney bug of some sort too), now if you'd started a game before that patch, the readme for the new patch said it would change to 7 when the next season rolls around.

i'm at the last game of my current season but given all the nonsense bugs in 920, i'm going to temporarily shelve this save until the next patch, however if there are any bugs that need a season to finish, i dont want to have to play another whole season to get these potential fixes, whatever they may be.

so, when are these "end of season fixes" applied?

what end of season fixes do you mean? as for the epl the 7 subs are there from the start of the game, tbh your post didn't make to much sense, then again maybe i'm reading it wrong!

iirc in the release fm08 (v800), i dont think they had implemented the 7 sub rule at that point, that was put in via a later patch, so using that example, if i had started on v800 and the patch which implemented the 7 subs was v801, where would i need to "stop playing" as it were..

Archived