The Non EU rule in Spain...

Does anybody know the full extent of the non EU rule in Spain?

I know that a team can have no more than 4 non EU players in the first division and 2 in the second division. But is this 4 & 2 only ones registered (i.e. can you buy some of the young South American talent, and aslong as you don't register them for the playing squad they do not count as a non EU pick?), or as another example if you brought a non EU player and then loaned him out does he still count as a non EU player because you own him?

I am just about to start at Zaragoza in the second division, and one of the best ways to make some money is buying up some of the young South American talent young and selling them in a year or two, when hopefully such money can be reinvested in my first team when I get promoted.

If someone can explain the rule in full I would be very grateful!

You have to register players, for the La Liga, you must reigster 25 players, of these 25 only 3 (or 4) can be non EU. If you have 12 NON EU players in your team, you have to make a choice.

If you send out non EU players on loand, you can't register them so they will/can not count for the amount of non EU.

Mabye check in the rules section of the division you are playing in for more info.

Archived