Player ordering on the Team Talk, Match Tactics, Popups in TV view

I've been trying to divine the order of players on the above mentioned screens and dialogues, and determine if they can be re-ordered as I would really love all my Defenders together and all my Midfielders together and then my Strikers together. They seem to be scattered willy nilly. They're always in the same positions, but never together.

Ordering doesn't appear to be by player name or by jersey number.

Ordering is by their position on the pitch.

In a traditional 4-4-2 it will be like this:

Goalkeeper

Right Back

Left Back

Right Centre Back

Left Centre Back

Right Midfielder

Left Midfielder

Right Central Midfielder

Left Central Midfielder

Right Forward

Left Forward

If you swap positions by dragging them around on the visual team-screen (in tactics), then the ordering on the match screen will change. Swapping positions on the drop-down menu on the player list doesn't change the ordering at all.

If you swap positions by dragging them around on the visual team-screen (in tactics), then the ordering on the match screen will change. Swapping positions on the drop-down menu on the player list doesn't change the ordering at all.

Yeah, what he said. I should have been more specific in my post above. :o

Say they are listed this way:

Goalkeeper

Right Back

Left Back

Right Centre Back

Left Centre Back

Right Midfielder

Left Midfielder

Right Central Midfielder

Left Forward

Right Forward

Left Central Midfielder

To get them the way I posted above on the tactics screen you would drag and drop the left forward to the left central midfielder position on the little pitch.

I guess I'll be living with the messed up ordering!

I'm not brilliant with tactics, but what I have sorta-kinda work so I'm not going to try and re-invent them. This likely explains why I have to shuffle things around a bit every time I load one of my tactic variants.

Not quite sure why the game isn't smart enough to simply reorder things. Especially when you have players in the game that can regularly play more than one position.

Thank you to everyone who chimed in to let me know what was going on.

Archived