FM-2008 - Sheffield Wednesday - Can you awaken the sleeping giant?

swfcrule4eva

Sheffield Wednesday

Sheffield-Wednesday.png

The club is in The Championship and was founded in 1867 after originally starting as a cricket team in 1820 but in September 1967 it was decided to start a football team to keep the players fit during Winter.

The club has won four league titles, 3 FA Cups and 1 League Cup. The last major trophy to be won was the League Cup in 1991 against Manchester United. They lost in both the FA and League Cup finals in 1993 to Arsenal.

The club is nicknames The Owls and its major rivals are Sheffield United and Leeds United. Lesser rivals include Barnsley, Chesterfield and Rotherham.

The Squad on FM 08

Keepers

You can either decide to chooose a number 1 out of Lee Grant or Rob Burch. Both are decent but I would try and get a different keeper in.

Defenders

The clubs weak spot is defence as the only good defenders are Frankie Simek and Tommy Spurr. The latter attracts interest from a few clubs and could either be kept and trained up or sold for a few hundered grand.

The club seriously needs some new central defenders as the current ones are very poor. Lee Bullen is past his best and is only a back up. Richard Wood is a good prospect if you can keep him fit.

Midfields

The club has pace on the wings through Wade Small and Jermaine Johnson but needs more back up as Rocky Lekaj isn't yet ready for the first team. Glenn Whelan is the clubs strongest centre mid and is a former Republic of Ireland under 21 captain.

Kenny Lunt, Etienne Esajas and Yoann Folly make up the rest of the midfielders.

Strikers

Fox in the box Francis Jeffers should hit a good number of goals if he stays off the injury table. Deon Burton and Marcus Tudgay are the clubs only other 2 good stikers as Akpo Sodje isn't Championship quality. None of these will hit 20 goals a season so its worth brining in someone who would.

The club has a loan debt of £24.5 million and you start off with a minimal transfer budget. Players would need to be sold before bringing in others.

The stadium is very large at 37859 but we seldom fill it.

The clubs youth system has produced players such as Tommy Spurr, Richard Wood, Rocky Lekaj and Sean McAllister. All of these are reasonable players but none are well known nationally.

Good luck with The Owls as you try to take them back to the big league.

I've just started with Wednesday and i couldn't have asked for a better start beating WBA and Norwich without conceding.

Players in-

Kofi Mensah- (free)

Victor Anichebe- Everton (season long loan)

Tranfers out-

Lee Bullen- Walsall (£10k)

Sean McAllistar- Cheltenham (loan)

Wade Small- Leeds- (£140k)

First Team-

GK-

Grant

Defenders-

Simek

Wood

Spurr

Gilbert

Midfielders-

Johnson

Whelan

Lunt

Esajas

Strikers-

Jeffers

Anichebe

So far so good.

I have 8 games left and I am 2 points behind Southampton at the top 9 points clear of second place.

Players in:

Ze Elias (Free)

David Thompson (Free - brilliant on the right wing)

Fazier Campbell on loan (immense)

Joe Mattock (on loan - very good even though is 17 at the start)

Joe Hart (has been brilliant for me 17 clean sheets so far)

Kostadinov (got him as a 17 year old didnt score for ages and then got 8 in 10 - already has 19 for acceleration and pace and 17 for fininshing)

Gabriel Torje (although very young has broken into first team ousting Thompson)

Danny Haynes

Andy Butler

Aaritalo (January window)

Piatti (January Window)

Scott Golbourne (January window - taking over from Mattock as staring left back)

Also got two very good young back up keepers cant remember their names...

Transfers Out:

Jeffers

Burton

Small

Grant

Lunt

Tudgay

Sodje

Clarke (when he comes back from loan)

Johnson

Burch

I am sure I got rid of some more but cant remember...

Starting team when everyone fit

Hart

Simek Butler Wood Golbourne

Torje Whelan Ze Elias Esajas

Aaritalo/Kostad/Haynes/Campbell rotate them each game although play Aaritalo most of the time.

Highlights include 3-1 away victory against the pigs and a 5-1 home victory against Wigan in FA cup replay (although lost to Man U 2-0 in 6th round)

Any one else get some gems for the Wednesday....?Or thoughts on my signings/sellings?

Right Im at the end of November and am currently 3rd in the table

Players In

<LI>Joe hart - loan

<LI> Iain Turner - loan

<LI> Jukka Lehtovaara

<LI> Gabriel Torje

<LI> Frazier Campbell - loan

<LI> Branimir Kostadinov

<LI> Malcolm Christie

<LI> Kieran Lee - loan

<LI> Danny Haynes

<LI> Lloyd Doyley

<LI> Jaime Moreno

<LI> Oliver Tebily

<LI> Peter Clark

<LI> Josh Wright - loan

Players Out

<LI> Wade Small

<LI> Lee Grant

<LI> Deon Burton

<LI> Marcus Tudgay

<LI> Francis Jeffers

<LI> Rob Burch

<LI> Kostadinov - loan

<LI> Sean McAllister - loan

So as you can see there was major change in the squad and so far its paid off. We've scored the most in the league with 33 and have conceded 21 and have the second best goal difference.

The highlight of the season so far is beating the pigs 2-1 at Bramall Lane.

Just had probably the only highlight of the season and we've only had one game.

First game of the season away at Man U

Boulahrouz scored the only goal for us on his debut and Anderson missed a late pen after diving in the 85th minute.

Man United 0 - 1 Sheff Wed

the mighty wednesday .... coming towards the end of my second season at the moment.

Season one ultimately ended in disapointment. Despite making the play offs with a last day win and then getting to thefinal the final after comprehensivley beating watford, wednesday were beaten 1-0 by southampton.

The second seaon saw a change to the formation of the team and with it success, wednesday are leading the championship with four games to go and a 2 point cushion over their arch rivals united and derby county.

The big success stories at the club peronnel wise are the fins! Wednesday have no fewer than four fins on the books. Lomski, Lehtovaara, Aaritalo and Patronen. The strong scandinavian presence is compliemented by young goalkeepr Stenild who joined the club in thier second season and Harvard from arsenal. A significant signing during the second spell is young Doudin who is top scorer at the club with 18 goal. South american flair is also provided through piatta.

The manager keen to jettison some of the weaker players. The list of departed but fondly remembered players included burton sold for 180 k, follly who left for 500k, tudgay 350k and O'brien 100k.

The club do not want to count their chcikens but are keen to strengthen in the summer hopefully for a period in the top flight and hopefully to push on towards their ambitious target of europe within 5 years.

sleeping giants we are!! in a bit of a deep sleep mind... icon_wink.gif

was going to give the Owls a bit of a miss for a little while, but after the success some of you are having, i might be tempted to have a go at managing the greatest team in yorkshire!!

quick question - what sort of transfer budget do we start with? what are the boards expectations?

after giving dafuge's challenge a go, i'm taking a break from that and am going to manager Sheffield Wednesday, my club. i was pleasantly surprised to find i had £15.m to spend, in return for a top-half finish. wages are a little bit tight mind. As for the boards expectations, i am expected to win the championship inside 2 years!! icon_eek.gif

first thins was to sort out a parent and feeder club. halifax were the choice for my feeder club, and i'll use them to give my youth a few games. as for parent club, was offered man city, villa and liverpool. was really tempted to go for man city, as not overly keen on liverpool, but the fact that they were offering double the yearly financial package swung my vote, bearing in mind the perilous state of the finances. first thing they did was to send me Jack Hobbs and Nabil El-Zhar on a season-long loan... thanks very much!!

on the transfer front, i haven't got rid of anyone as yet. i have so far brought in a few players, the pick of them being:

Daryl Murphy - ST from Sunderland - £250k + £200k over 12 months

Andy Taylor - LB - loan from Blackburn for season

Kyel Reid - LM - loan from west ham for 6 months

Bogdan Pancu (sp) - ST from a romanian club - £100k (romanian U-21 international)

i have also signed a young spanish midfielder who's name escapes me at the moment. likewise a young italian CB from Brescia and a 19 year-olf finnish keeper. I have high hopes for my romanian, who my scouts tell me should be playing in the premier league. he is quick, strong and has an eye for goal. fingers crossed!!

i'll post more as and when i get the chance.

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

after giving dafuge's challenge a go, i'm taking a break from that and am going to manager Sheffield Wednesday, my club. i was pleasantly surprised to find i had £15.m to spend, in return for a top-half finish. wages are a little bit tight mind. As for the boards expectations, i am expected to win the championship inside 2 years!! icon_eek.gif

first thins was to sort out a parent and feeder club. halifax were the choice for my feeder club, and i'll use them to give my youth a few games. as for parent club, was offered man city, villa and liverpool. was really tempted to go for man city, as not overly keen on liverpool, but the fact that they were offering double the yearly financial package swung my vote, bearing in mind the perilous state of the finances. first thing they did was to send me Jack Hobbs and Nabil El-Zhar on a season-long loan... thanks very much!!

on the transfer front, i haven't got rid of anyone as yet. i have so far brought in a few players, the pick of them being:

Daryl Murphy - ST from Sunderland - £250k + £200k over 12 months

Andy Taylor - LB - loan from Blackburn for season

Kyel Reid - LM - loan from west ham for 6 months

Bogdan Pancu (sp) - ST from a romanian club - £100k (romanian U-21 international)

i have also signed a young spanish midfielder who's name escapes me at the moment. likewise a young italian CB from Brescia and a 19 year-olf finnish keeper. I have high hopes for my romanian, who my scouts tell me should be playing in the premier league. he is quick, strong and has an eye for goal. fingers crossed!!

i'll post more as and when i get the chance.

i knew when i typed it yesterday i'd spelt my romanians name wrong... his name is bogdan stancu, and in 3 starts and a sub appearance in pre-season, he's scored 4 goals for an average of 7.75. hope he keeps this up going into the league!! icon_biggrin.gif

also signed mika aaritalo for £85k, and am lining up a young irish RB as well my irish scout has found. i have sold wade small for £0K + £300k over 24 months to crewe, and am selling tudgat for £0k = £750k over 24 months shortly i think. should boost transfer budget back towards £1m. the squad is beginning to come together a bit now. my first XI for the first league game will probably be:

GK: Grant

LB: Taylor

RB: Simek

CB: Hinds / Hobbs

CB: Wood

LM: Reid

RM: Johnson

CM: Whelan

CM: O'Brien

CF: Jeffers

CF: Stancu

Subs: Bullen, Esajas, El-Zhar, Murphy, Burton.

looking forward to start of the season. quitely confident i can do well if i stay clear of injuries...

Being a Glasgow Rangers fan I always watch out for the Sheff Wed scores on a Saturday afternoon. DOn't know what exactly, maybe it's cause they play in blue and white too. Anyway, I started a game with them and here's my squad so far...

GK Al Habsi (Bolton), the young Finnish keeper as backup

RB Simek

LB Gilbert

CB Kalla (free transfer)

CB Spurr

DM Almedya

MR Aaritalo (bought for 100k)

ML Lee Martin (loaned for the season)

MC O'Brien

MC The Hungarian boy Dzsu......

ST Sturridge from Man City with the boy Fraizer from Man Ure.

Played 5 games so far in the season, won 4 and drew 1. Playing well, creating loads of chances but struggling to tuck the majority of them away. Still early doors yet.

I'm looking for a LB and a young DM to cover for Almedya cause he's old and tires easily in games. Got Hinds as backup DC/DMC but want someone better. Hoping for a good attacking AMC too. Barazite is priced at £2M so he's out of my price range.

Sold Jeffers for 600k, Tudgay for 800k, Burton for 180k, Small for 350k and Billen for 5k.

Chuffed I got so much for Franny 'the fox in the box' Jeffers and Marcus Tudgay.

obviously i can only speak from pre-season so far, but jeffers is scoring quite a few for me... know he's paid a lot in wages, but might've been worth keeping. Burton is doing the same for me too. as sturridge and campbell are young, maybe you need a strong, physical player to compliment them?? could also try moving aaritalo upfront and play jermaine johnson RM...

i need a LB too. got andy taylor in on loan for season from blackburn, but want another permanent player. how much money you got left to spend?? have you got yourself a parent club?

quick update

promoted as champions with dervy only 2 points behind and sheff utd a furtehr point back

united went onto win the play offs so another 6 easy points guraneteed next season.

Wednesday had a record breaking summer in the transfer market spending close to 10 million on strengthening the squad with the aim of avoiding relegation the following year and moving on to consolidating their position in the top flight and onto european football.

Significant purchases included teh talented youngsters kerrea gilbert at right back and giles barnes, a club record 5.5 million at right wing and matt derbyshire up front. two key loan signings were also made in the form of scott sinclair form chelsea and johan djorou from arsenal.

February has rolled around already and wednesday have confounded the early season critics to be found at the heady heights of 10th in the premier league on 36 points only 4 of teh magic number most pick for survival.. Europe cannot surely be a realistic prposition for the newcomers but few would have guessed that they woudl have come so far so soon.

The manager still has 7.5 million in the bank for further stregthening but his squad has performed well so far. Mika Aaritola top scorer so far on 13 goals.

Right lads and ladettes, I need your help!!

Just been promoted to the Premiership after the 1st time of asking. I loaned in Golbourne (Reading), Campbell (Man Ure), Hobbs (Liverpool) and Sturridge (Man City) so obviously they're heading back to their own clubs soon. My question is who can I bring in of better quality than them?

I'm desperately needing a left back, right wing, 2 strikers and a defensive midfielder and possibly a goalkeeper.

I don't know about funds yet but I managed to stay below my weekly budget for the whole of my 1st season.

Any help is very much appreicated,

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Thought Id give you all an update on my team.

We have just finished the 2011/12 season and finished 5th in the premiership, won the league cup and lost in the semis of the fa cup.

A great season considering we were in the Championship the season before after being relegated the season before that.

I have decided to leave the club as the board arent happy at the relegation even though I have since finished 5th in the premiership and won the league cup.

Also took over the Senegal job but hope to get a better international job soon icon_smile.gif

Only Whelan and Spurr remain although Whelan barely played last season.

• 1 month later...

I've just started with the mighty Owls and won my first game in charge 2-0 at Loftus Road

The fans are expecting a top-half finish, do you think it can be achieved with this first XI

GK Lee Grant

RB Frankie Simek

CB Mark Iuliano

CB Jonny Evans

LB Tommy Spurr

AML Scott Golbourne

CM Quinton Fortune

CM Almeyda (40 cap Argentinian captured on a free)

AMR David Thompson

ST Francis Jeffers

ST Marcus Tudgay

SUBS

David Martin

Glenn Whelan

Jermaine Johnson

Richard Wood

Akpo Sodje

OTHER USEFUL SQUAD PLAYERS

Richard Hinds

Lee Bullen

Yoann Folly

Peter Gilbert

Deon Burton

Etienne Esajas

Mark Beevers

Rocky Lekaj

Where do you think the squad could be strengthened and do you think I can achieve expectations with this squad?

Any help appreciated

My team at the moment (half way through first season) consists of:

GK: Speroni

DR: Simek

DL: Gilbert

DC: Spurr

DC: Wood

MR: Alex

ML: O'Brien/Esajas

MC: Whelan/Almeyda

MC: Kirovski

ST: Stancu

ST: Jeffers

Substitutes consist of:

Lee Grant, Tebily, Anichebe, Wallwork and one of my central mids not playing.

Currently top of the league.

I have added to my squad and signed Shane Supple from Ipswich to battle it out with Lee Grant for the keepers jersey.

Am top of the league in early september with these results

QPR (A) Won 2-0 with goals from Almeyda and Tudgay

Preston (H) Won 2-0 with a Tudgay brace

Crystal Palace (H) Won 2-1 with a late winner from Deon Burton after Marcus Tudgay's penalty cancelled out Jonatan Johansson's opener for Colin's Eagles

Am also through to the 3rd round of the League Cup with these results

Darlington (H) Won 4-0 with a Tudgay Hat-Trick and a goal from my loan striker from Liverpool Krisztian Nemeth

Hull City (H) Won 2-1 with goals from Akpo Sodje and Quinton Fortune

Have been rewarded with a home tie against West Ham United

I have Mansfield Town as my feeder club and sent Mark Beevers,Rocky Lekaj and Sean McAllister there for the season

Liverpool are my parent club and they sent me Krizstian Nemeth on a season long loan to bolster my strike-force

• 1 month later...

I took over SWFC after 2 years at Arsenal in my current game. Unfortunately the club had been relegated back to league one after about 6 managers in 2 seasons. Now I have the task of gaining promotion and winning the JP Trophy.

Current squad:

GK: Fransson/Nielsen

DL: Spurr

DC: Paul Quinn ©

MR: Senda

ML: Esajas

MC: Sumilokoski

MC: Rui Fonte/Gareth Williams

ST: Tudgay

ST: De Vita

It seems to me that so far no one has had a decent run with the Owls. So im gonna post my story so far....

Started the game well with Wednesday in the championship. This is with great thanks to a couple quality signings, Bogdan Stancu who is a must buy at 150k, was top scorer on 25 goals in all competitions and his goals basically took me straight to the top of the league where i didn't budge from most of the season. Also brought in:

Gabriel Torje AMC/R/ST(fans favourite)

Wijnaldum AMC R (has some admirers such as ManU)

Jason Brown GK. (solid 1st choice)

Anita DM (another young gun Man U want off me)

There are more players i brought in but none as influential as the above.

I had to get rid of a few existing players to fund most of my newbies.mainly..Tudgay, who did play well but then sold him in Jan transfer window.

However, a number of the current wednesday team were very helful in my push to the premiership.

Jeffers...contributed well with loads of goals, worked well with Stancu.

Whelan..a good role modle for the young 'uns. and great captain.

Spurr...give him a chance and he'll always put in a good 7+ in each game.

Grant...good backup GK or 1st choice if you cant bring anyone else in.

So, at the end of the season 07/08.

Finished top of the league on 86 pts

SHEFF U finished second on 85 pts.

It all came down to the last game of the season. Stancu to the rescue once again!!

Charlton were the 3rd team to be promoted..

Great season!!

THE PREMIERSHIP!

Some big changes needed in order to meet expectations of beating the drop. 14 million to spend.

Unfortunately, due to the teams "difficult" financial status.....(i dont theink a £14 million transfer budget is difficult)

The board took it into there capable hads of accepting an £8 million bid from Wigan,..WIGAN!? for my prize assett and top goal scorer by miles Bogdan Stancu!

So with this sorry loss, i had to press on and find a replacement.After searching in this forum for some possibilities i invested 66k in Doudin (swiss international ST). but i didn't feel he would be able to fill Bogdans boots all buy himself so i got Carroll (newcastle) on loan for the season.

A number of other significent signings were:

Bocaly....DM/WBR/DC

Sizzo.....AMR USA(amazing stats)

Alex... AMC/L/R(one of my favourite players on FM)

Merida...(from Arsenal, had to have a buy back clause in contact incase they want him back when i make him the best player in the world)

Barkroth...ST (as backup to Doudin/Carroll)

There were a few othe backup players bought too.

Great start to the prem as i beat Everton,Blackburn and Aston V in the 1st few games.

Then came the big guns and put a dampner on our party.

Chelsea 2-1 Owls ( last minute Drog goal cancelled out Doudins 1st or the club)

Man U 3-1 (got hammered, Doudin with my goal again)

Arsenal 3-2 ( i dont seem to have a problem scoring, just conceding!)

To the end of the season now. just lingering above the bottom 3

OWLS..35pts

Wigan...33pts

Charlton...30pts

BLADES...14pts (Ha)

It all came to the last game again, i needed a point against 'Boro to guarantee safety.(due to significant goal difference)

Final whistle Owls 1-4 'Boro

Dissapointing but luckily Wigan Lost! and i stayed UP!!!!

Great season, some brill players showing there talents

Wijnaldum (WONDERKID.chelsea, ManU, Milan want this guy)

Alex (WONDERKID.by far my best player this season, chipping in with goals all over, will be lucky if i keep hold of him)

Barkroth ( after the dissaster that is Doudin i had to plough him straight into 1st team. he did well for a 17yr old)

Torje (solid player.always delivers)

Anita ( kicked Whelan the captain out of the team with his amazing performaces in DM)

Malouda (thank god i managed to buy him, now to negatiate that release clause :s)

This brings me to where i am now, about to start 3rd season (2nd in prem) Gonna set the same objectives of steering clear of the drop.Transfer budget £21 million.need to get rid of a few players.

My team at the start of 9/10 season:

************GK Isakkson ***********

Simek WBR**Wood**Boacly**Spurr WBL

************ Anita MC *************

Wijnaldum AMR**Torje AMC**Alex AML

********* Doudin***Jeffers*****

Subs:

Malouda

Barkroth

Whelan

Sizzo

Murphy (DC)

I really need defenders to shore up my deffence.

Doudins back in the team temporarily until i can find a top class striker.( no one decent wants to come even though i have the money)

Bogdan Stancu UPDATE

Now that Wigan are in CC championship i thought id make a sneakey bid to bring back the king.

Only when i look for him he is no longer slummin it in wigan, oh no. Barca paid 15 million for his services!!what a ledgend.

Player Suggestions for new season needed and Welcome!

Thanks for listening.

UP THE OWLS!

Well after yet again starting a new game with The Owls, I've been able to achieve promotion in my first season. There's still a game to go, which will determine who gets first place, with me and Ipswich fighting it out. I have a two point lead over Ipswich and a better goal difference.

I'll need some good signings though for next season, with a number of players needing to be brought in. My current squad taht achieved promotion is:

GK: Bolat

DL: Spurr

DC: Nortdveit

DM: Stelvio

MR: Marlet

ML: Esajas

AMC: Mihelic

ST: Jeffers

ST: Tudgay

Subs:

Grant

Hinds

Yttergard Jensen

Cristae (unsure on name, a romanian u21 lb/wbl/aml)

Saag (rotated between Tudgay and Jeffers throughout the end of the season)

I will need to bring in a good number of signings for next season. Any suggestions?

Just an update to my current game. I finished first in the championship, earning promotion to the prem. Now the work starts, of bringing in quality players to help me survive. So far i've signed:

Raul Bravo - £3m

Marcel Jansen - loan

Havard Nortdveit - loan

Knut Olav Rindaroy - £400k

Ugur Yilidrim - £2.4m

Teemu Tainio - £1.2m

A right back (forgotten name)

A south american defender on a free in January

I just need a good striker for up front now!

Well started my first game on FM 2008 last week and after hours of play and 28 games in i'm sitting on 7th spot,pretty much cleared out the whole squad and think the only 2 left playin is Grant in the net and Whelan sometimes gets in,hoping to go up and survive in the Prem but already been told with the team i have with maybe 1 or 2 additions i should finish mid table!

Team is as follows:

GK - Lee Grant

RB - Abenzoar

LB - Kieran Lee (On loan from Man utd)

CB - Scott Cuthbert

CB - Sabic

DMC - Marcelo Romero

AMC - Buanonette

RW - Gabriel Torje

LW - Pablo Piatti

ST - Bogdan Stancu

ST - James Keene

When i look at that team i feel i should be top of the table when ive seen some of the others in this thread but suppose thats how it goes,maybe need to sort my tactics out!!

Guna have to replace GK,LB,maybe both CB for atleast a season, think i'l bring in a new DMC and defo gotta get a new ST because James Keene won't cut it in Prem! has anyone got any suggestions on strikers i can bring in? i hope the transfer budget will be high enough think i'l get mid table

im in my 3rd season 7th in da prem at january any new signings recomended

my current squad is:

GK-preston edwards

RB-scott cuthbert

LB-david murphy

CB-mathew spiranovic

CB-mark beavers/wood

RM-kazenga lua lua/niklas barkroth

LM-etienne esajas

CM-dalla valle

CM-joey o'brien

FC-christian nazarith

FC-cameron jerome

SB1-ben amos

SB2-george pilkington

SB3-darron gibson

SB4-jermaine johnson

SB5-daniel sturridge

Hi mate,well done so far sounds like your doin great,surprised your still fielding wood,beavers and esajas! wouldn't have thought they could hack the premiership,well maybe wood but not the other 2,I'd defo bring in a new left winger!

whats your transfer budget remaining?

Is Dalla Valle playin any good? i got him at start of my game with a load of other classy youngsters,just gone up in playoffs got really lucky because i was losin a few towards the end but won last 4 games to finish 6th on goal difference and beat the blades 4-1 (sweet)

Who did you sign in your first prem season? assuming you went up straight away!

nah took me 2 seasons 2 get promoted but esajas was amazing in the championship bit of a liability in da prem so i got leto on loan in january and dalla valle is class both arsenal and man united want him

unfortionatly i have dropped down 2 13th since then with 10 games 2 go but i think im safe time to push on me think

nazarith is god played 22 scored 14 in all comps

finished 15th in da end and have signed walcott and lescott on free transfers (how goods that by da way ) and nzogbia for 6.5 mil from portsmouth

preston edwards,dalle valle,nazarith and sturridge are all wonderkids now so the futures bright the futures blue and white icon_smile.gif

well done mate on the walcott and lescott signings,have you bought anyone else? i found in my second season in prem i got £25mil to spend which was nice but mostly relying on my young wonderkids that i bought early on!

I have bought a few players like Jiminez - £3 mil,Bentley - £7.5mil,Billy Sharp - £3.5mil,Alan Kardec - £13mil,Ekotto - £2.5mil,Lustig - £1.5mil,Pasenen and Rusol £5mil each,so over 2 seasons spent £38mil had £9mil in first season and £25mil in 2nd but sold a few players aswell.

Currently in 12th position after 19 games and not playin too bad hoping for a top half finish,just managed to avoid relegation in first season i found defence was very weak,let about 70 goals in but managed to score 60+,Billy Sharp is legend also loaned Rhys Murphy from Arsenal his stats didn't look too good but scored 25+ goals, Piatti and Jiminez are the best though both worth about £10mil now,only paid £3mil for Jiminez and Piatti cost me £120k in my first season (what a buy) i also have Dalle Valle but doesn't get played that much at minute and Arsenal are after him for £5mil but think i'l hold onto him for now

• 1 month later...

Im in 2015 now with the mighty Owls, 7th season in the Premiership.

League finishes:

Championship - 12th, 4th, 6th (promoted via playoffs)

Premiership - 12th, 6th, 4th, 5th, 2nd, 1st.

Champions league winners last year and fa cup winners twice and league cup winners once.

First team :

GK Velikov (regen)

RB Le Moal (regen)

LB Marcelo

CB Musacchio

CB Sakho

DMC Banega

CM Diarra

CM Adrien

AMR Quaresma/Aguero

AML Rios (regen)

ST Stancu

• 3 weeks later...

Started a new game with the Owls and got promoted first season. Currently trying to avoid relegation from the championship and thanks to some good individual performances and luck, I've been able to draw 2 and win 2 in the first 4 games. Line up consists of:

GK: Charles Itandje

DR: Pascal Chimbonda

DL: Raphael Forster

DC: Tommy Spurr/Richard Wood

DC: Adil Hermach (loan)

MR: Marko Marin/Marcus Tudgay

ML: Artavazd Karamayan

MC: Daniel Andersson

MC: Luis Jimenez

ST: Daniel Ljuboja/Claudiu Niculescu

Originally posted by arcturus15:

Started a new game with the Owls and got promoted first season. Currently trying to avoid relegation from the championship and thanks to some good individual performances and luck, I've been able to draw 2 and win 2 in the first 4 games. Line up consists of:

GK: Charles Itandje

DR: Pascal Chimbonda

DL: Raphael Forster

DC: Tommy Spurr/Richard Wood

DC: Adil Hermach (loan)

MR: Marko Marin/Marcus Tudgay

ML: Artavazd Karamayan

MC: Daniel Andersson

MC: Luis Jimenez

ST: Daniel Ljuboja/Claudiu Niculescu

Also, forgot to add Daryl Murphy as the second striker.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Now into my fourth season with SWFC. Finished 3rd in my 3rd season, also picking up the FA Cup.

A few problems have arisen within the squad now however. Juventus made a bid for Sidnei, which I rejected. However, he's unhappy that I didn't accept it. Also, Daniele Vantaggiato is unhappy at the sale of Charles Itandje, who I sold due to the arrival of Ustari. I told him that I would not bring in another due to Ustari and Costil being my keepers and so he demanded a transfer, which I rejected.

Current squad:

GK: Ustari (signed for £4.1m)

DR: Juan Valera

DL: Steven Smith

DC: Sidnei

DC: Delpierre (signed for £9m)

MR: Edu

ML: Radek Sirl

MC: Rene Mihelic

MC: Luis Jiminez

ST: Soren Larsen (signed in deal worth £9m)

ST: Claudio Pizarro/Daniele Vantaggiato

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in my 4th season with Sheff Wed. Promoted in the championship through the play-offs then over-achieved by finishing 11th and 9th in my first 2 season in the Premiership.

Formation: 4-1-2-1-2

My team last season:

GK: David James

DL: Antunes

DC: Andy O'Brien

DC: Jack Hobbs

DR: Andre Ooijer

DM: Anatoliy Tymoschyuk

MC: Massimo Donati

MC: Marc Wilson

AM: Daniel de Ridder/Adel Taarabt (loan)

SC: Daniel Sturridge

SC: Benni McCarthy

Rest of the squad:

Preston Edwards

Peter Mate

Sean St Ledger

Frank Simek

Kevin McCann

Andrew Taylor

Celestine Babayaro

Leon Andreasen

Glenn Whelan

Barry Robson

James Gray

Cameron Jerome

Michael Chopra

Toby Hulse

Sold Rocky Lekaj to Leicester for £230,000, Jeffers/Johnson for free, Spurr for £1.2m, Woods for £1.5m, J-C-Darcheville gone for free but did well for me first season (16 goals) but age got the better of him. Phillip Cocu and Nicky Butt were useful first season too.

I'm about to start my 4th season. I've bought the following players:

Daniel Carvalho (£1.3m bargain!)

Lukas Jutkaswiecz (sp? £7m from Everton)

Igor Duljaj (£8m from Shakhtar Donetsk)

My main advice is if you're promoted first season, buy Barry Robson from Dundee. Great player, averaged 7.34 first season and became signing of the season.

Archived