Editor not there..?

I go into:

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2009\tools\data editor

2 folder are there one named 'data editor.app' which has further folders which are empty, another folder called 'editor data' which has .xfc files in and finaly a file called 'msvcr80.dll'.

No editor i can open, ive never used a editor i dont know if its there or what, can someone help?

There does seem to be files missing.

Open up Steam (When FM is not running) right click on Football Manager 2009 and choose properties from the list.

Choose the Local files tab at the top of the window which has just opened, and then choose Verify integrity of game cache.

It will then procede to look at all the game files, and with any luck realise the editor files are missing and re-download them automatically for you.

Fran

The path quoted above is correct for vista. If its not there and the verifying game cache hasnt worked then perhaps remove the game and reinstall it?

Save game files are located c:\users\"your user name"\documents\sports interactive\fm2009\games. If you have downloaded any custom db's also take a copy of these from the db folder in the same location.

The path quoted above is correct for vista. If its not there and the verifying game cache hasnt worked then perhaps remove the game and reinstall it?

Save game files are located c:\users\"your user name"\documents\sports interactive\fm2009\games. If you have downloaded any custom db's also take a copy of these from the db folder in the same location.

I've got vista too. I've re-installed twice now editor is still not there. Seems as though the programme fails to recognise Editor. Bloddy vista as if it was'nt bad enough.

Archived