Money STILL Doesn't Talk in FM09!

Just agreed a fee with Chelsea for Boswinga to join Bolton as did WBA. Now last season we finished 10th and WBA 6th (UEFA Cup).

Its not they he signed for someone else that really gripes me.

We offered a FOUR year deal worth £50k p/w.

They got him on a THREE year deal for £22k p/w!!!

Get real!!!

Perhaps SI should get Kaka to accept a £10 per week deal with Bacup Borough Reserves rather than join Manchester City?

European football makes the diffrence, Kaka negotiates tons of release clauses to his contract should City fail to qualify for CL if you'd paid the attention and there are tons of rightbacks out there better than Bosignwa and perhaps you should learn to spell the player's name before you come to whine, ffs

European football makes the diffrence, Kaka negotiates tons of release clauses to his contract should City fail to qualify for CL if you'd paid the attention and there are tons of rightbacks out there better than Bosignwa and perhaps you should learn to spell the player's name before you come to whine, ffs

Until you know what you are talking about... Be quiet!

Or at least polite. ;)

Any difference between WBA and £22k p/w and Bolton for £50k, compared to Bacup Borough Reserves for £10 p/w and Man City for £500k p/w

?

I was exaggerating. ;)

99% of the time money talks. Especially when you are in a career where it can be all over by the age of 32.

The UEFA Cup is not that big a lure.

Actually, it's Bosingwa...and besides Maicon or maybe Dani Alves in a good day, there's no better right back in the world, that I can assure you. Now back to the original issue.

Hes 32? Do a quick player search and you will find much better players.. plus im sure he has made enough money in his career and now wants to play some europeon football to wind down rather than a tough premiership campaign with no midweek european quality channel 5 action lol :D

There's always idiots in these threads using the "maybe he doesnt want to play for money" case.. well that seems to be the case with everyone in the game then which certainly isn't true of most footballers

Its just lazy on the part of SI to not fix this

Probably depends on the player's personality. If he's ambitious and professional he'll go to the club that's in Europe every time. Hence why Kaka is insisting on all those release clauses. Hence why Michael Owen (reportedly) had a two-year minimum release fee in his Newcastle contract that stated he could leave if a Champions League team offered £xx million for him.

Hypothetically speaking, if the following contracts were on the table for, let's say Michael Owen, which one would he choose:

Newcastle (no Euro competition) contract renewal: £100,000 per week.

Man United (Champ League) contract: £65,000 per week.

Tottenham (Uefa cup) contract: £80,000 per week.

Of course, I don't know the guy, but I'm guessing in this hypothetical it would be Tottenham, although the lure of Man U might be difficult to resist.

Perhaps the big payday might be different if he was 32, but I doubt any footballer at Chelsea needs to worry too much about their future wealth.

An ambitous player like Boswinga who wants to try and retain/regain his place in the Portugal national side will always opt for European football at an up and coming club as opposed to a midtable club who have no assurances of being in or around winning anything next season.

• 1 month later...

Are you people crazy? If you offered me 200K a week I'd play anywhere :-) I'd even play for the Scum, though I'd need nose plugs. Heck, I think I'd play barefoot on a pitch of broken glass for 200K a week...

Players do make those sorts of decisions. Apparently Modric was offered significantly more money by Keegan & co., but chose Spurs to play in Europe... well, and probably for the shopping. He sort of looks like a WAG, doesn't he?

Archived