Indian Regens

Has anybody ever seen any good Indian regens?

I dont usually tick their league, but occasionally i just find pretty good regens from random Asian countries which leagues you cannot tick, yet India seems an exception? I'm hoping to pick a feeder club from the country once I get into the Premiership with my AFC Wimbledon team as it might be deemed acceptable by the board if i choose an Indian team e.g. East Bengal; at the moment, when i chose a Polish team for WP they still wouldn't accept :(

Screenshots if possible if anybody has found any :)

I very much doubt there will be many, if any, good Indian regens.

I can't think of any players who are Indian playing at a good level of football.

Btw, this is not intended to be racist, I apologize if someone takes it the wrong way:thup:

I've seen a few good Indonesian regens as well as one or two good indian regens.There does seem to be something wrong because I don't think either country has produced any decent player ever.

Which is strange considering their huge populations.

I've seen a few good Indonesian regens as well as one or two good indian regens.There does seem to be something wrong because I don't think either country has produced any decent player ever.

I know India are a Cricketing nation, Indonesia the same perhaps?

The population of a country shouldn't really be a defining factor in how good there players are. I can't think of any central/southern Asian footballers who have played at a high level, and it's one of the most densly populated places on Earth.

The population of a country shouldn't really be a defining factor in how good there players are. I can't think of any central/southern Asian footballers who have played at a high level, and it's one of the most densly populated places on Earth.

park ji-sung for man u. south korean

park ji-sung for man u. south korean

South Korea is on the East coast of Asia. My point was about central/southern Asia. There have been a few east asians play at a good level, Nakamura, Nakata, for example, but that wasn't my point.

When football is not the biggest sport in a country then obviously a lot fewer kids would play it therefore taking out the advantage of having a large population. Look at China sure. 1.3 Billion people and counting and still very few players coming out of it. The facilities and coaching staff may not be there too that would create these players.

Harpal Singh is a British Indian, he now plays for Dundalk in Ireland, according to Wikipedia anyway

Michael Chopra and Harpal Singh are the only players I can think of of Indian decent who have played in the football league.

Baichung Bhutia is the only player born in India to ever play in the football league.

Also Zesh Rahman is of Pakistani decent.

Well not quite Indian but South Asain (roughly according to the map) And without a doubt the only Vietnamese player ever to grace the premiership.

I present Viet Tuyen Mansor

Stats

History

And believe me he was worth every penny! Not the greatest stats I agree but without a doubt one of the first names on the team sheet. I would say which players he is keeping out the team but they aren't regens and I appreciate some people dont like player naming

irl ... indonesia have a lot of talented players.

they have some very decent ball players. and anyone who has seen the Indonesian national team play at there home stadium in java .. the intensity is immense... 90,000 screaming fanatical indonesians.

youtube videos of the 2007 asian cup and look for indonesian home games ...

down here in australia we only really see them when the A-league clubs come up against them in the Asian Champions League.. which hasnt happened the last season or 2 ..

but i remember an indonesion left back called Erol Iba, who played for Persik Kediri .. and he was quality. should have been signed by an a-league club.

Well not quite Indian but South Asain (roughly according to the map) And without a doubt the only Vietnamese player ever to grace the premiership.

Stats

History

And believe me he was worth every penny! Not the greatest stats I agree but without a doubt one of the first names on the team sheet. I would say which players he is keeping out the team but they aren't regens and I appreciate some people dont like player naming

Gia Lai must be kicking themselves letting him go on a free to Napoli.

The fact that you felt the need to add this to your post is quite sad.

I know what some people can be like, and I know that saying something like that could be wrongly percieved.

Just wanted to make sure there was no mistakes, I didn't really see any harm putting it there.

Better safe than sorry, imo.

:thup:

As was I when I spent quite alot on a very similar player the same summer as he moved from Napoli and now have to decide which of them plays and which sits on the bench! To be fair its not just him in my team who cant score, we have a "Legandary" striker and everyone seems to think he will score loads so im not bothering!

The consequence this season is that while I am top of the leauge the team in 2nd have scored 20 goals more than me :(

I would ignore your coaches, he looks pretty bad tbh.

I'd say he would be a CCC player at most, which, going by current players, is about right for a top Indian player.

To be fair to him he was playing in the Spanish 2nd division and has been playing in Belgium for 2 years so his stats have not been developing too well! I am going to give him a season when he gets his permit to see if he can cut it in the big league

Stats

History

I am not racist but has anyone found a player from Asian continent who is good/ doesn't suck in the air? :p I haven't and it really puts me off signing them

Ahem Yep I think I found one!

When football is not the biggest sport in a country then obviously a lot fewer kids would play it therefore taking out the advantage of having a large population. Look at China sure. 1.3 Billion people and counting and still very few players coming out of it. The facilities and coaching staff may not be there too that would create these players.

Even so, look at South Africa! They have a population of about 47 million and roughly 80% of the population is supports football yet they don't produce world class players yet they have world class cricket and rugby sides.

I have tried to manage the Indian national team in the past and it is hard work getting quality players to come through. By far the best in the current world are Bhutia and a guy name Venkatesh (I think). There are a few good players who are dual nationality (often Nigerian or Ghanaian for some reason) that are quite good. There is an Indian who I believe plays in the Italian leagues who is rather good, and a young defender playing in the upper echelons of the English non-league.

Never yet seen an amazing Indian regen in my games. It may just be that I'm not looking though. Don't actually have all players loaded form India in my current game so likely won't see any regens this time out.

• 5 months later...
I am not racist but has anyone found a player from Asian continent who is good/ doesn't suck in the air? :p I haven't and it really puts me off signing them

That isn't racist at all! "Players generated on this game from Asia are bad in the air" is not looking down on the Asian races and I really struggle to see how it could be.

I'll raise my Uzbek regen. There are also some good Israeli regens. Whilst none are from Southeast Asia or the subcontinent, the poster I'm quoting is asking about Asia in general.

That isn't racist at all! "Players generated on this game from Asia are bad in the air" is not looking down on the Asian races and I really struggle to see how it could be.

I'll raise my Uzbek regen. There are also some good Israeli regens. Whilst none are from Southeast Asia or the subcontinent, the poster I'm quoting is asking about Asia in general.

:thup: Had some quality Uzbeki regens in the past. Had a quality Israeli DR on my current save, and looking at a CM, and I'm also thinking about going after a Chinese AMC.

Not seen any decent Indians though, but lots of good players from other more obscure footballing nations.

i can understand players from eastern asia being bad in the air, i.e china, korea, japan, e.t.c, but what about other countries? There are some tall Uzbek players irl and also middle-eastern countriessuch as Iraq and Iran have some good aerial players.

on 07 or 08 there was a really good Pakistani striker who played for a non-league English side and was there only player on a medium database, does anyone know his nae as i was looking for him other day and i couldnt remember

On an old game of mine I was playing the Indian league managing Mohun Bagan, after a while I had a few good ones coming through. One was a left back who ended up at Chelsea via a few European clubs and another was a keeper who ended up playing in Denmark.

Even so, look at South Africa! They have a population of about 47 million and roughly 80% of the population is supports football yet they don't produce world class players yet they have world class cricket and rugby sides.

Steven Pineaar and Benny McCarthy, Lucas Radebe all played at PL Level. You dont see that too oftern with the ones mentioned above

Steven Pineaar and Benny McCarthy, Lucas Radebe all played at PL Level. You dont see that too oftern with the ones mentioned above

Mokoena, and that new Blackburn guy too. One of my best ever regens on FM was a South African too.

Archived