Sorry, but that's just silly...

Playing as Liverpool, winning 3-0 away v Man City at half time (Henry hat trick!), I tell them not to get complacent, change to 1-2-1-3-1-2 (as opposed to my usual 1-2-1-2-1-3), and we lose 4-3...

I'm sorry, I know that comebacks happen, but on that sort of scale?!

[/rant] ;)

KTF

Joe

If I'm up a lot of goals at HT I never go defensive, just switch to fast passing / counter attacking and you should be able to catch your opponent over committing. If you go too defensive/play too deep you attract too much pressure. I learned this the hard way in FM with exactly this sort of thing...

comebacks have frustrated me for the best part of 15 years- i curse and swear and throw things at the wall when the CPU has a great comeback, generally accusing SI and the world in general of cheating (as if the head of SI is skeletor and he likes sitting there knowing that people are losing, for no reason other than the fact he is evil to the core). Of course, when i go all out attack and play up front and my team have a comeback it isnt cheating- oh no, when that happens it simply goes to show that i am an all time great manager worthy of a job offer from a much higher league!

If I was 3-0 up at half time then changed my tactics to a bizarre-sounding 1-2-1-3-1-2 and found myself at 3-2, I would think that maybe that wasn't the best tactical choice. I would then probably revert back to my original tactic, only slightly defensive with a slow tempo and 'counter attack' ticked. I would also look at which of their players had been performing well and hard tackle them... and anything else I could think of to stop the rot.

Sorry, long-winded "it's your tactics" response. ;-)

is it just me or is it everytime you dominate a team and i mean really dominate and once you hit 3-0 you seem to either draw 3-3 or lose 4-3 no matter wahat the team is?

could be coincidence but i don't think so

it gets to the point where i hope once 2-0 up i go on to win i cry if i score a 3rd knowing i'm doomed if there is more than 30 minutes left

@englandmanager - Nope, that does not happen with me. Now and then it does, but only once a season or so, but then whilst sometimes the oppossition come back to win 3-2 or 4-3, I do it to other teams as well, so it evens out. With good tactics, team talks and substitutions you can do quite well in preventing a come back.

If I was 3-0 up at half time then changed my tactics to a bizarre-sounding 1-2-1-3-1-2 and found myself at 3-2, I would think that maybe that wasn't the best tactical choice. I would then probably revert back to my original tactic, only slightly defensive with a slow tempo and 'counter attack' ticked. I would also look at which of their players had been performing well and hard tackle them... and anything else I could think of to stop the rot.

Sorry, long-winded "it's your tactics" response. ;-)

Yeah, I've since changed to a more normal person's 4-4-2 ;)

To put it more simply, it's a 3-5-2 with a sweeper, a DM, 3 in the middle, and AM, and 2 forwards :p

You think you feel gutted Joe, imagine being a stoke city fan yesterday. No amount of frustration on FM has ever come as close to that in anything football related for me and thousands others yesterday.

Archived