Why do my feeder club options suck?

I am managing Scunthorpe, which is hardly a powerhouse but I've finished in a playoff spot the last two years in the English Championship and have a few million in the bank.

Every time I ask the board to look for a feeder club they come back with non league clubs below Conference N/S level (I am playing with all english, irish, welsh, northern irish, scottish leageus as well as many others). These are worthless since my players won't 1) go on loan to these clubs 2) get any experience if they did.

As an established Championship level club shouldn't I have slightly better options?

That's nothing, my Triestina side was once offered two Maldivian semi-professional clubs, some club in Uzbekistan and Kabul Club, an Afghan amateur side worth around £2,150...

Unlikely to get any good players anyway from these clubs, I took Kabul Club. So beat that, fellas, I have an affiliation with Afghanistan.

What Feeder clubs do you currently have? You have to accept a Local partnership and one or two lower league clubs before you are allowed to get any better ones.

They are technically illegal under FA rules but informal partnerships do occur in English football.

Strictly speaking, a Championship club should have no UK based feeder options, as the FA outlaws them. (Friendly only arrangements are okay).
What Feeder clubs do you currently have? You have to accept a Local partnership and one or two lower league clubs before you are allowed to get any better ones.

They are technically illegal under FA rules but informal partnerships do occur in English football.

I don't have any. I had one but I cancelled it because it got relegated from the Conference South.

If what you are saying is true that explains it, but it doesn't really make sense to me.

I find that the longer you play the better the feeder club options become.

In my current Rangers game ive gone from being offered Scottish Division 3 teams to actualy having

Toronto FC (candian, team in the MLS)

Birmingham (in the championship, excellent for sending my youngsters to i have to admit)

Japanese team.

Chinese team.

And a few Scottish ones, Partick Thistle etc.

That's nothing, my Triestina side was once offered two Maldivian semi-professional clubs, some club in Uzbekistan and Kabul Club, an Afghan amateur side worth around £2,150...

Unlikely to get any good players anyway from these clubs, I took Kabul Club. So beat that, fellas, I have an affiliation with Afghanistan.

That is awesome!!!

I find that the longer you play the better the feeder club options become.

In my current Rangers game ive gone from being offered Scottish Division 3 teams to actualy having

Toronto FC (candian, team in the MLS)

Birmingham (in the championship, excellent for sending my youngsters to i have to admit)

Japanese team.

Chinese team.

And a few Scottish ones, Partick Thistle etc.

I have found this to be true too.

I usually wait about 3 seasons before I start messing with my feeder clubs. By this point in time the choices are usually better. Also, by this point in time you've usually built up enough cred with the board that if you don't like the choices you can reject them, wait a bit and request new ones.....

I don't have any. I had one but I cancelled it because it got relegated from the Conference South.

If what you are saying is true that explains it, but it doesn't really make sense to me.

Well I just requested a new feeder club as Norwich City, I've already got King's Lynn, Dereham and Lowestoft I think. The options were a N. Ireland second division team, two Belgium teams one 4th division the other lower, a Scottish Junior league team (which I guess is very low in the Scottish structure), TNS in the Welsh League who are at least a half decent team. Just accept the crap ones and hope that later on they will give you a better option.

Well I just requested a new feeder club as Norwich City, I've already got King's Lynn, Dereham and Lowestoft I think. The options were a N. Ireland second division team, two Belgium teams one 4th division the other lower, a Scottish Junior league team (which I guess is very low in the Scottish structure), TNS in the Welsh League who are at least a half decent team. Just accept the crap ones and hope that later on they will give you a better option.

little bit of a cheat but after requesting a feeder team save after about 10 days (evert day if necessary) until request is given. Every time you reload (from the day before) you should get different teams.

little bit of a cheat but after requesting a feeder team save after about 10 days (evert day if necessary) until request is given. Every time you reload (from the day before) you should get different teams.

I'm not going to start doing that it is some of the worst cheating IMO. I feel bad enough that I have been signing future superstars on free contracts after a big club has sacked them due to bug in the game. I rarely use feeder clubs anyway even WP ones, I just don't sign players who need WPs.

Archived