Weird tutoring occurence...

Before jumping in and reporting this in the bugs forum I though I'd ask here for a possible solution.

I recently recommended that Jonny Evans look to Rio Ferdinand as the 'ideal role model' under the tutoring options - clicked confirm and got the message in my news items that this is what I had recommended.

Then... nothing else happened!?

I did not get the usual Jonny Evans is 'delighted'/'see's no point' in being tutored by Rio Ferdinand - and, the tutoring relationship has not been assigned. There is no Lrn, Tut or PR icon next to either player.

But... if I go to Jonny Evans' player interaction screen I can still see and select from my list of defenders available as tutors (which is normally unavailable for players who cannot be tutored) only there is no longer the bullet-point options to recommend them as a tutor.

All other tutoring processes in this save have worked fine.

Hmmm... so I'm confused! Has anyone else experienced this or is there a work-around? Might it be a case of waiting a few months to see if the option to tutor comes back again - my only fear with this is that Jonny Evans' CA will have increased and he will no longer be eligible for tutoring anyway.

Any help is welcome...

Evans is better than Ferdinand IRL IMO so i would have Vidic tutoring him unless you want another careless CB who has sloppy passing.

But on the point, i wonder between the time you asked him to be tutored until the time you would normally get the news item stating delighted/waste of time, did Evans then become unavailable for tutorig and the game created a bit of a bug as the AI got confused!

But on the point, i wonder between the time you asked him to be tutored until the time you would normally get the news item stating delighted/waste of time, did Evans then become unavailable for tutorig and the game created a bit of a bug as the AI got confused!

Exactly what I was thinking Trevormac. Didn't want to write it though so as to get a second opinion.

The period of time we are talking about is all of 24 hrs though - needless to say I find this a bit hard to believe but you never know...

Any other possible ideas/suggestions?

If you happen to have a save from not too long before this event you could see if it was possible to tutor Evans then. If the same thing occured then it could maybe rule out your theory of bad timing?

Unfortunately I don't. I guess now I'm hoping to find someone else that has experienced this.

Alternatively, in the case of a tutoring assignment going badly, does anyone know how long it takes before a new assignment can be set up (obviously assuming that the player is still young/under-developed enough to be tutored)?

EDIT - oops, after checking my thread in the bugs forum I saw that it was when I asked them to learn PPM's, not tutoring. But I think the bug is related because it is so similar (hence my mix-up).

Hey mate, tis a bug. Happened to me as well. The circumstances were that I assigned several players to <s>tutor some youngsters</s> learn PPM's and then I saved the game and quit. When I loaded my save again, I never got any feedback about the <s>tutoring</s> PPM's and wasn't able to do any <s>tutoring</s> PPM training with any of the players involved, until the next season.

So basically, from what I saw, this bug happens when you don't click continue a few times before saving.

Can you tell me if this was the same for you?

I posted about this in the bugs forum a few weeks ago, please add a post to the same thread saying what happened to you. Link coming up.....

http://www.community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=84915

Hey mate, tis a bug. Happened to me as well. The circumstances were that I assigned several players to <s>tutor some youngsters</s> learn PPM's and then I saved the game and quit. When I loaded my save again, I never got any feedback about the <s>tutoring</s> PPM's and wasn't able to do any <s>tutoring</s> PPM training with any of the players involved, until the next season.

So basically, from what I saw, this bug happens when you don't click continue a few times before saving.

Can you tell me if this was the same for you?

I think this is it!

I remember assigning the tutor this right at the end of my playing session so it would definitely have been right before I saved the game.

So at the beginning of next season I'll try again - chances are that Evans would have improved sufficiently to make him inelligible for tutoring. Will have to wait and see.

Cheers.

I think this is it!

I remember assigning the tutor this right at the end of my playing session so it would definitely have been right before I saved the game.

So at the beginning of next season I'll try again - chances are that Evans would have improved sufficiently to make him inelligible for tutoring. Will have to wait and see.

Cheers.

Had a feeling you saved it straight after as well. :-)

I think bug testers could replicate it by doing the same, assign some PPM training or tutoring and don't press continue, just save and quit. The game does not save your PPM/tutoring commands and at the same time makes it impossible to repeat the commands until the next season.

Had a feeling you saved it straight after as well. :-)

I think bug testers could replicate it by doing the same, assign some PPM training or tutoring and don't press continue, just save and quit. The game does not save your PPM/tutoring commands and at the same time makes it impossible to repeat the commands until the next season.

I think you're right.

I've linked to this thread in your earlier bug post. I'll try and get my current save to the SI guys aswell.

Cheers.

Archived