Worst offside decision ever!?

This offside call for the player circled made me fall off my seat it was so bad!

As you can see from the text at the bottom my player Cornet has already touched the ball for his pass into the six yard box!

The Spurs player didnt even step forward to make it look offside after so I can only imagine he is a spurs supporter(as am I coincidentally!)

Crazyoffside.jpg

Could it be that the signalled player was offside before the ball was played to Cornet? Although it definitely could be a bad decision; I haven't really paid attention to it in '09, but in FM08 there were some wrong offside decisions as well; whether it's for the good or the bad of your team. I've even scored some very obvious offside goals that counted.

If you scored in that screen print thats clearly onside and should count...

Nice too see ref mistakes in the game thou give players something too moan bout in interviews after the match very realistic.

The thing is its not very often moaning to the press actuall does anything, i mean the most you get, occasionally, is "the fa have stayed silent". I think as an expansion to the interaction aspect of the game, maybe there could be some interaction with ref's? Similar to the player/manager interaction menus? Its very very prevailant and is becoming more common in the real world.

Go and search the bugs forum - there's a thread in there where a player was called offside with EIGHT opposition players between him and the goal! (with screenshots too!) :D

i've seen that thread and was gonna post the same thing, this is nowhere near as bad as that offside was :)

If you scored in that screen print thats clearly onside and should count...

Nice too see ref mistakes in the game thou give players something too moan bout in interviews after the match very realistic.

If offside decisions are anything like they were in FM08 I wouldn't call them realistic. There are a whole plethora of decisions I see in FM08 that even the most imbicile referee or linesman in real life would never get wrong in a million years - e.g. a targetman who is very blatantly being man-marked goalside throughout the entire passage of the ball and never once moves goalside of his marker before being called offside. I got that loads of times.

Archived